Battle of the Black Eyeliners!

Blacktrack, Ebony, Zero, Black, Blackline

I decided to make a post comparing my black eyeliners.  I only have 5 but they're all so different.  Depending on the look I'm going for, I find myself gravitating towards a particular one based on the color payoff, how long it wears, how long it takes to put on, etc.

First is MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. This is a fantastic gel eyeliner. I like gel liners because they're easier to apply than liquid liners, dry a lot faster than liquid liners which means it won't smear across your eyelid if you blink while waiting for it to dry, and it wears much longer than most pencil liners. I like Blacktrack in particular because it's very black and has the look of a liquid liner without all the hassle. I apply it with the MAC 209 eyeliner brush...I also love this brush because it will help you achieve the perfect cat eye!

Next is MAC Eye Pencil in Ebony. My poor Ebony is starting to get itty bitty. I've had it for a long time and I've definitely gotten a lot of use out of it! When I got it I was looking for a soft black liner and this one was perfect. It sometimes smudges on me after a few hours but that's not uncommon since I have oily skin. For the most part it wears well and applies smoothly on the lashline and waterline (I've never had any irritation). I like to use this one when I want a more natural and subtle looking eyeliner look.

My mini sized Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero came from my Alice in Wonderland palette. I've heard so many good reviews on these eyeliners that I wasn't surprised when I found it to apply really smoothly. While Zero is very black, it's not the blackest black eyeliner I have. It applies well on the lashline and waterline.

Next is Revlon Color Stay Eyeliner in Black. This one and Blacktrack are the two blackest black eyeliners I have. I love this eyeliner! It applies nicely (not as smoothly as Ebony or Zero) and is extremely long-wearing! It never smudges or smears on me. This is my favorite liner to use on my waterline.

Last but not least is MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Blackline. It's black with gold sparkles...sometimes I think it looks like a dark green. This eyeliner is absolutely beautiful! If I was someone that had the money to buy back-ups of beauty products, I would definitely buy a back-up of this baby! It applies smoothly but fades and creases on me if I use it by itself, meaning no eyeshadow or eye primer. Again, I blame this on my oily skin. Over eyeshadow, however, it wears much longer and doesn't really fade or crease at all.

Blacktrack, Ebony, Zero, Black, Blackline


Hope this was helpful and informative! I hope you all have a great day =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment