Rivalry.


Since writing My Favorite Products of 2010, I've noticed that while I still really love all of the products I chose, I've also discovered quite a few new products that have started rivalling a few of those products for the top position in their respective categories.

.:Highlighter:.
While I think that Dior Amber Diamond is probably still my favorite favorite right now, I really love MAC Perfect Topping MSF too. It's one of the "good" MSFs MAC has released - meaning, an MSF with finely milled shimmer that looks natural on the skin as opposed to chunky shimmer that can sometimes have fallout (I'm looking at you, Soft and Gentle!).

.:Bronzer:.
At the moment, I think that Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte has pushed Benefit Hoola out of the top position. Hoola, if you're reading this, I can assure you that you haven't done anything wrong and it's not you...it's me. While I can make you work on my pale skin, Dior Honey Matte is just able to do so with more ease right now since it's lighter and warmer. I'll be sure to show you more love in the Summer, Hoola. I promise :)

.:Blush:.
The fight for the top spot in the blush category remains at a standstill right now. Korres #15 Natural is still, and will always remain, one of my all-time favorite blushes because it goes with everything. However, when my complexion is looking dull and I need a little pick me up, nothing seems to do the job better than Benefit Bella Bamba. Though I once thought there was really nothing special about Bella Bamba other than being another pretty, pink blush, now, I get it.

.:Lip Balm/Treatment:.
This category is also a bit of a toss-up. Both Aquaphor and Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream are extremely similar in consistency and do, basically, the same things, but the one I prefer depends on the time of day I'm applying it. I prefer Aquaphor when I need intensive lip moisturization during the day because it's not greasy, stays on fairly well, and moisturizes better than all other traditional lip balms. While it's also amazing at night, I prefer Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream at night instead, because it seems to stay on better throughout the night and provides slightly better moisturization overall when worn for several hours. I also don't like wearing it during the day as much because it has a slightly greasier consistency than Aquaphor, not to mention a funky campfire-like scent.

.:Eyeliner:.
For pencil eyeliner, I still very much prefer my Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencils, but when it comes to drawing winged eye liner or a cat-eye, I turn to either gel or liquid liner for a cleaner, more dramatic line. My previous favorite gel liner was MAC Blacktrack Fluidline but when that dried out early on in the year, I switched over to Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in True Black and I can say for certain that it's creamier, easier to apply, but lasts just as long as the Fluidline. I recently, however, decided to dabble in liquid liner and purchased MAC Superslick Liquid Liner in On the Hunt and I. Love. It. It took a bit of getting used to since I'm liquid-eyeliner-challenged, but with practice, it's now become quite easy to apply, it's really black and non-streaky,and it lasts all day without smudging or flaking off like the L'Oreal Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Liner that I hate so much.

Any rivalries going on in your makeup collection right now?


0 comments:

Post a Comment