Friends Who Are Enablers.


Before I even purchased Lipgloss #1 (out of the five I am allowing myself to purchase this whole year while doing Gloss-Out 2011), I heard from my Twitter BFF, Jessica, that the new Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya was similar to Chanel Rouge Extrait de Gloss in Genie (check out her swatch here). Regardless of the exact words she used, what I heard was, "I can get a Chanel lipgloss at the drugstore!"

So, the next few times I found myself at Target, Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens, I searched high and low for Papaya to no avail. I don't think I was really going to buy it since it was still early in the year and I wasn't sure I was ready to commit to my first lipgloss yet, but I still really wanted to see what the shade looked like, especially since I don't own Chanel Genie.

Feeling rather frustrated after several failed attempts to locate this mysterious lipgloss shade, I took to Twitter. I tweeted something to Jess along the lines of what I wrote in the previous paragraph, about being curious about the color but not really having any intention of purchasing it because of Gloss-Out.

Guess what I received in the mail yesterday? 
*Hint: It starts with a "P" and ends with an "-apaya."*


Papaya's on the right, obviously :)

Was I surprised to find Papaya in the mail? Not really - I mean, I obviously gave her my address so yeah, I knew it was coming and I still allowed it to happen. What? *embarrassed* 

Yes, I kind of cheated. I don't know what the official rules of Gloss-Out are (or if official rules even exist), but according to my rule book, if I didn't buy it, it doesn't count ;) Thanks, Jess!

Enabler #2 is Danielle, who, after hearing me whine about the cheapest MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre on Ebay being $60, kindly swatched her own Ripe Peach next to other similar blushes she owns and sent me the photo. Turns out, the new Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Tipsy (photographed above) is a really good dupe! According to Enabler #2 herself, the two look even more identical in the flesh. Yes, it's true, my friends: Danielle discovered a dupe for Ripe Peach.


Danielle's swatch:
L to R:
Milani Mai Tai
MAC Instant Chic
Tarte Tipsy
MAC Ripe Peach
Urban Decay Score
Stila Make Me Blush

Considering I sold several of my blushes in my blog sale, can you really blame me for not even thinking twice about buying Tarte Tipsy, a dupe for the beloved, but disgustingly over-priced, Ripe Peach? No, you can't. At least, I hope you can't.


Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Papaya (left) and Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Tipsy



Face:
Chanel Mat Lumiere in Cendre
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in 002 Beige
Bare Minerals Well-Rested
MAC MSFN in Medium Plus
Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy


Eyes:
UDPP
UD e/s in Naked
UD e/s in Hustle
UD e/s in Toasted
UD e/s in Virgin
Milani Liquif'eye pencil in Black
MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On the Hunt 
Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume mascara


Lips:
Revlon Colorburst l/g in Papaya

I'm not sure if you guys know this about me, but I'm kind of known for being an enabler myself: 
.:If someone asks, "Do I really need this?" I say, "Yes, you CANNOT live without it!"
 .:If they ask, "Should I get the pink, red, or coral shade?" I say, "Why not get all three?"
.:And finally, if they tell me, "I bought this because I saw you use it on your blog," I say nervously, "Really? Sooo...do you like it?"

The above three scenarios occur more often than I'd like to admit (especially the first two...hehe, sorry guys!), so it's no surprise that I also make friends with people who are enablers like me. I enable them; they enable me. After all, birds of a feather flock together, right? :D


What about you? Are you an enabler, an enablee, or both, like me?



0 comments:

Post a Comment