Another Day, Another Base.


I'm still on the hunt for my perfect foundation and since foundations tend to be quite pricey, I always like to try out samples of high-end foundations before I commit to buying a whole bottle.

The other day while out and about, I picked up four samples:
Chanel Mat Lumiere in #30 Cendre
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20 Beige Tendre
Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Beige Ivory
Diorskin Nude Foundation in 021 Linen

I tried out Mat Lumiere yesterday, and today I was eager to give Vitalumiere Aqua a shot. (I've only worn each of them once, so I don't really have any firm opinions on either of them yet.)



Face:
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in B20 Beige Tendre
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC30
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in 002 Beige
MAC MSFN in Medium Plus
Bare Minerals Well-Rested
Dior Matte Bronzer in 002 Honey Matte
Tarte Blush in Tipsy

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
Wet n Wild Silent Treatment Palette (taupe shade)
MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On the Hunt
Milani Liquif'eye Liner in Black
MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20
Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume mascara

Lips:
MAC l/s in Ever Hip

Compared to Mat Lumiere, Vitalumiere Aqua is much easier to blend, has slightly less coverage, and a very natural, skin-like finish. It's definitely not as suitable for oily skin as Mat Lumiere, as my face looked slick within an hour and a half of applying it, but I still really like the finish and don't mind having to blot more often.

I'll have to test each of these foundations out several more times before I decide to purchase one, if I purchase one of these at all.

Do you have any foundation recommendations for oily skin without a powdery or mask-like finish?


0 comments:

Post a Comment