Bright Pink Lips for Day or Night ♥


I say if you can't wear bright pink lips in the Spring, when can you wear them? 

MAC Girl About Town is a gorgeous hot pink lipstick but to be honest, it intimidates me. The thought of wearing such a statement lip just to pick up some groceries, for example, might be a bit much for the average person (like me).

MAC Girl About Town 

I'm sure there are ton of ladies out there who are fearless with their makeup and are looking at that photo and thinking, "Pink lips. What's the big deal?" If that's you, then go on with your bad self! ;)  But, if you're like me and think that the bright pink lip above should be reserved for nights out instead (on me, anyway!), then you might want to try a bright pink tinted balm or gloss with medium pigmentation instead.

Sleek Pout Polish in Pink Cadillac

I promise, it's actually brighter and pinker in real life than it appears in that photo. It's still a version of a bright pink lip but sheered out and glossier, so it feels more daytime and comfortable to me.

I'm also wearing Illamasqua Hussy Powder Blush, a super pigmented watermelon pink, and I think it complements the bright lip perfectly and isn't over-the-top, as long as you remember to keep the eyes simple and natural.

I love makeup trends but I think it's important to adapt the trend to your face and lifestyle. If your makeup makes you feel like a clown or you feel as though it probably would look a lot better on someone else than it does on you, you haven't done it right. How closely you can follow or re-create a trend doesn't matter in the least bit - it's about tweaking it so that you always feel confident and beautiful ♥


0 comments:

Post a Comment