Bare Minerals Well-Rested

Well-Rested is an ivory eye brightener with yellow undertones. It's a mineral product so it looks like an ultra finely-milled powder but blends in seamlessly without sitting on top of the skin like a traditional powder product.




I've been using it in place of my MAC MSF Natural to set my under-eye concealer, and the brightening effects are actually pretty amazing.

Under-eye concealer only

Under-eye concealer + Well-Rested

Side-by-side comparison:
                          Without WR                                       With WR

I initially had problems with Well-Rested when I first started using it and despite noticing the immediate brightening effects it provided my eye area, I found it difficult to cope with how cakey it looked (especially around the outer corners of my eyes) and how quickly and badly it tended to crease. Although I have oily skin, my eye area is not particularly oily and I had a feeling that it might even be too dry, causing the product to cake-up around my eye area.

I ordered the Swedish Skin Anti-Aging Eye Cream after hearing good things about it from Alex (HRH Collection), and the rest is history! I'll be reviewing the eye cream and two other Swedish Skin products I'm currently using in a few weeks time, but what I can say for certain, now, is that the eye cream has prepped my eye area and created the perfect base for my under-eye concealer and Well-Rested.

Well-Rested works better as an under-eye concealer setting powder than my MAC MSF Natural because I've found that the finely-milled minerals make it looks softer and never powdery. In addition, the pale ivory color instantly brightens up the area, although I find that I still very much need a concealer to actually cover up any dark circles. 

It's worth noting, though, that this product would probably provide maximal brightening effects on medium skin tones. Lighter skin tones may find that Well-Rested simply matches their skin tone and thus, no brightening effect, while alternatively, it may be too light and look a bit ashy on darker skin tones. For reference, I'm about an NC25 at the moment.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to people with medium skin tones who are fond of the bright-eyed look. If, however, you find you're having difficulties making it work for you right off the bat, do what I did and try finding a light but moisturizing eye cream to prep your eye area and create a smooth base for your concealer and Well-Rested. 

Have you tried Well-Rested and if yes, how did it work for you?


0 comments:

Post a Comment