Maybelline Fit Me Foundation



Foundation is something I haven't dabbled in as much as I have other makeup and beauty products. I'm normally underwhelmed by a lot of drugstore foundations, but high-end ones are such an investment at $40+ a bottle that I'm usually hesitant to shell out that kind of money just to try something new that may very well end up not working for me.

I have oily skin with heavy acne scarring but I've decided that I hate most foundations formulated for oily skin (too drying, too matte, too cakey) and foundations with full-coverage (heavy and mask-like). I'd rather use a lighter coverage foundation with a semi-matte finish and instead, use concealer and blot my face throughout the day as needed. This may seem silly to some people, but everyone has different wants and needs from their makeup and these are just my personal preferences.



After studying the display for at least 15 minutes, I finally settled on the shade 220 Natural Beige. Fit Me foundation claims to:

-Match natural tone
-Blend seamlessly
-Let skin breathe

Sounds kind of amazing, right?


Different lighting
(Note: The foundation was not completely blended in the photos above because I had far too much product on my hand.)

Fit Me has light to light/medium coverage and I find that I have to use more concealer on my blemishes and scarring than I do with NARS Sheer Glow. Like I said, I hate full-coverage but I do wish this foundation had just a little bit more. Because it's a lighter coverage foundation, it won't be as obvious if the shade you've chosen is not your perfect match (mine isn't :-/ ).

I can totally vouch for it's second claim of seamless blending. The foundation goes on so smoothly and is so easy to blend! I've been using my fingers to apply it (I may try it with a foundation brush later this week to see if I can achieve more coverage) and the application has been flawless.

It has a little bit less than a semi-matte finish (but not quite dewy) but it doesn't feel oily on my skin at all. And while it doesn't exactly control my oil production, it also does not make it more oily than normal.

One of my favorite things about this foundation is that it never looks cakey and it doesn't separate or cake up around my chin and mouth area like NARS Sheer Glow does! I wish I could combine the two so that I could get the finish, easy blendability, and non-cakeyness around the mouth area of Fit Me but the coverage and oil control of Sheer Glow. 

If Fit Me and Sheer Glow had a love child, it might just be my HG foundation.


0 comments:

Post a Comment