Soleil Tan de Chanel aka Bronze Universel





Remember this post where I said that I had been lusting over the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Base for what felt like forever? Well, on Friday, my bf was a dear and bought it for me! Eeeek!!

I've only used it twice since I got it and normally, I like to test out products for a little bit longer than a few days before posting about it but I was so excited to get this that I just couldn't wait :)


The texture is kind of difficult to describe. It's rather solid in the tub but when you touch it, it kind of feels like a chocolate bar that has just started to get warm and melt off on your fingers a bit. Does that make any sense? If you were to blend it in with your fingers (I don't, by the way - I use a dense Sephora contour brush), it feels like a cross between a cream and a thick mousse.

Swatched and blended (right)

It's very pigmented, easy to blend, and unlike the Bronzer Veil in the Laura Mercier Bonne Mine palette, the color doesn't just disappear the more you blend it. A little bit goes a long way with Soleil Tan de Chanel and I'd imagine that even with daily usage, a tub of this will last a very long time and will hopefully make the $48 price tag a tiny bit more bearable ;)


(L to R):
NARS Laguna
Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel
Laura Mercier Bronzer Veil (from Bonne Mine palette)
Benefit Hoola

Soleil Tan de Chanel has really, really soft shimmers in it upon very close inspection, but it's undetectable once blended in on your face. It's basically a matte, medium brown with peach/orange undertones although it doesn't really appear orange on my face at all. It's not an incredibly dark bronzer shade so I think it would best suit light to medium (and maybe a tiny bit darker) skin tones.

It's unlike any other bronzer I own. NARS Laguna is shimmery and while I initially thought the Laura Mercier Bronzer Veil was more or less a matte bronzer despite also having soft shimmers throughout it, next to Soleil Tan de Chanel, it appears to be noticeably more shimmery than the Chanel one which has a matte finish.

And while Hoola is also a matte bronzer, it's a brown with taupey undertones compared to the Chanel bronzer's peach/orange undertones, and I actually still prefer Hoola for contouring as I find it mimics the shading created by the natural contours of your face better than any other bronzer or contour powder I've tried before.

After two days of usage, I can honestly say that so far, Soleil Tan de Chanel has lived up to my high expectations but we'll see if this love affair continues after I've had more time to play around with it. Expect a FOTD with this bronzer very soon :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment