I ♥ Inglot

I honestly can't recall where I first heard of Inglot cosmetics but after reading and watching countless reviews and swatches from the Polish brand, I was in love.

When I first discovered it, the only US store was located in New York (aka the opposite side of the country) and since you can't yet order online, I gave up hope that I'd get the chance to try out the brand any time soon. Then, conveniently enough, I found out they opened up a location in Las Vegas a month after I took my all-girls trip there -__-

Fret not, as soon as I heard that their newest store was in California, I was making mental notes of what I wanted to get and how soon I could make it over there :)


Inglot is known for their 'Freedom System' where you can pick and choose any combination of eyeshadows, lip colors, concealers, eyebrow powders, or eyebrow waxes you'd like to include in your palette. They all come in round pans containing 0.05-0.06 US oz. of product and therefore need to be housed in the palettes with the round spaces. The eyeshadows, I believe, are the only products that are available in both the round pans and square pans containing 0.09 US oz. of product. As a result, the palettes with the square spaces cannot be mixed-and-matched and can only house eyeshadows.

I purchased the 5 eyeshadow square palette for $30.


The detachable lid has four extremely strong magnets to hold it in place over the palette. Unlike MAC pan eyeshadows that are magnetized, Inglot pan eyeshadows are not and instead, the magnets are on the palette itself. In addition, the eyeshadows do not have names but instead, have unique codes containing a combination of 6 letters and numbers (which I'm not going to include because it's so confusing and honestly, would it really help?). 

L to R:
taupey, lavender-grey with silver shimmer
peachy brown with gold shimmer
army green with silver shimmer

L to R:
deep grey with hot pink and gold shimmer
black with hot pink and gold shimmer

Unfortunately, my camera didn't pick up the different colored shimmer very well :( I guess you'll just have to take my word for it!

Swatched in the same order as in the palette.

Based on first impressions, for the most part, the eyeshadows did not look as shimmery when swatched as they do in the pan. This can either be a good or bad thing, depending on personal preference. I'm personally not bothered at all :) In addition, all 5 eyeshadows are incredibly soft (but not quite powdery) and pigmented.

I must admit, the whole brand and concept still really intrigue me. I didn't take any photos while I was in the store (I'm sure you can find plenty of store photos simply by searching for other Inglot reviews) but the experience is very unique and unlike any other makeup store/counter I've ever been to. 

Overall, my first Inglot experience was super fun and very enjoyable, and I couldn't be happier with my first purchase!

Is Inglot easily accessible for you and if so, have you tried it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment