Sonia Kashuk Bare Minimum Pressed Powder Bronzer

I went into Target yesterday with every intention of picking up the L'Oreal Lash Boosting Serum until I found myself walking aimlessly up and down the makeup aisles forgetting what it was I was looking for. Does this ever happen to anyone else?! Anyway, in the process of trying to remember what I went to Target for, this little lady caught my eye:




Complete with mirror and brush :)

I used it today and I quite like it so far. It's pretty sheer with very subtle shimmers throughout and the color is not orange at all. The gold is just an over-spray, and underneath is a tan with subtle shimmers. You can use the brown parts by itself if you want a darker bronzer, which still isn't really very dark, or swirl it together with the tan "S" portion to lighten up the color a bit. I actually like that you can just dust away the gold over-spray because when mixed with the brown portion, the color makes for a bizarre bronzer...it ends up looking more like a golden bronzey highlight color. Take a peek...

L to R: gold over-spray, brown background, gold and brown mixed

See what I mean? The color on the far right finger is not generally a color I would think to use for bronzer...it's a bit too yellow and gold in my opinion. I don't have a swatch with the tan (underneath the over-spray) and brown together, but it more or less just looks like a slightly lighter version of the brown by itself.

Here's me wearing it (with the Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer! Possibly a review to come...):
Pretty subtle, right? I think it would work best for those with fair to light skin tones or those who only want a sheer bronzer. At $9.99, I'm really impressed with this product. In the past, drugstore bronzers have always been a disappointment whether it's the crappy texture, orange undertones, or shimmer overload. This is a great bronzer for those who don't want to break the bank or skimp on quality.

What are your favorite drugstore bronzers?


0 comments:

Post a Comment