♥ My Top 5: Neutral Eyeshadows ♥

This is part 3 of my Top 5 Series, and next I'll also be doing a post on my top five colored eyeshadow picks :) For today, here are the neutrals that made the cut:

Urban Decay Mushroom
Urban Decay Sin
Urban Decay Hustle
MAC Brule
Bobbi Brown Caviar

Urban Decay Mushroom
Mushroom is a silvery taupey brown. It has excellent pigmentation like all UD shadows, but none of the infamous fall-out since it is a shimmery, not glittery, eyeshadow. Not only does it make for a gorgeous crease color, but when I'm in a rush and want a quick and simple eye look I'll use MAC Greasepaint Stick in Dirty as a base and pack this on top as an all-over lid color, throw on some mascara and call it a day.

Urban Decay Sin
Sin is a peachy-pink champagne color with a shimmery frost finish. Lately Sin has become my go-to lid color as the sparkle looks gorgeous on the lid, and it goes with virtually any crease color you end up choosing to use.

Urban Decay Hustle
Hustle is a shimmery eggplant brown color. I find it to be a unique neutral and unlike most brown eyeshadows I have because it has strong and obvious plummy purple undertones. Again, this is a gorgeous crease color as well as a lower lash line color. I like to use a pencil brush to smudge it into my lower lash line for a natural smokey effect.

MAC Brule
Poor Brule looks painfully boring in the pain and in swatches, yet it is one of my most used eyeshadows. You can't really tell here as I haven't hit pan on it or anything yet, but that's really just because you don't need to use very much of it. I like to use it as a base for my eyeshadows to even out the pigmentation on my eyelid, but my favorite use for it is to dip my MAC 224 brush into it and blend out my crease and lid colors all the way up to my brow bone. It's a creamy light beige with a satin finish and would make a great blending shade for fair to medium skintones.

Bobbi Brown Caviar
This shadow is the reason I have yet to jump on the MAC Carbon bandwagon. I've never owned or used Carbon before, but based on the dozen or so times I've swatched it in-store, I'd have to say that it does not rival Caviar. Caviar is a rich, matte black that is incredibly pigmented with just one swipe. I use this to darken up my crease and/or outer v color or on top of my pencil eyeliners to ensure that it lasts all day. Whatever your brand preferences are, a true, matte black eyeshadow is a must-have in every makeup addict's collection.

L to R: Caviar, Mushroom, Sin, Hustle, Brule


Note: In real life, Hustle's purple undertones are much more apparent.

In case you missed them, here is part 1 (lipsticks) and part 2 (blushes).

What are your favorite neutral eyeshadows?


0 comments:

Post a Comment