♥ My Top 5: Blushes ♥

Hi everyone!
This is part 2 of My Top 5 series, and you can find part 1 here. Without further ado, here are my top 5 picks for blush...


Top row (L to R), then bottom row (L to R):
MAC MSF in Petticoat
Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Hussy
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Brownie
MAC Mineralize Blush in Daft Pink
MAC Mineralize Blush in Hang Loose


L to R: Petticoat, Daft Pink, Hussy, Hang Loose, Brownie

MAC MSF in Petticoat
I got Petticoat with the recent In the Groove collection and it's been love ever since. All MSF veining is unique so the exact shade will vary depending on your MSF. My Petticoat has a bit more of the deep raspberry veining than most of the others I've seen and because of this, the color is a bit darker. The color is somewhat hard to describe but I would say it's a frosty, golden pink-mauve that makes a gorgeous cheek color, especially when I'm tan.

MAC Mineralize Blush in Daft Pink
Daft Pink was CCO find for me, and I couldn't be happier. It has appeared in my last two favorites posts and my love for it still has not died down. It's a light to medium frosty pink and if I had been given the chance to name it, it would've been called Pink Frosting because that's what it reminds me of! It's love. For reference, Daft Pink is a shade darker and pinker than Hang Loose.

Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Hussy
Hussy is a bright pink with orange undertones and it has a matte finish. As with all Illamasqua products, pigmentation is never an issue and this product should be used with a light hand. One light tap of your brush and that is all you need! I like to use this just on the apples of my cheeks to give a natural flush.

MAC Mineralize Blush in Hang Loose
While many people have compared this blush to Well Dressed (and they are very similar...Did you read my post?), I much prefer Hang Loose because I love the shimmer. I swirl both sides with my brush and apply it to my cheeks, then I use the lavender side as a cheek highlight. The pale lavender makes for an unexpected but gorgeous highlight color, even with my warm skin tone.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Brownie
Brownie was one of several limited edition Shimmer Bricks released by Bobbi Brown, and I'm glad 17 year old me decided to shell out the dough for this 5 years ago. I remember thinking it was such a splurge and that I had to make sure I'd use it...and here we are, years later, and I still love it! I have nothing else in my collection quite like it, so it makes me sad to think about how life will be once I use it up :( (Whoa, that was dramatic!) Brownie is a shimmery (duh!), plummy brown that makes a gorgeous cheek color on medium, warm skin tones, and each strip can also double as eyeshadow! Who doesn't love double-duty products?!


What are your favorite blushes?


0 comments:

Post a Comment