♥ 100th Post! My Top 5: Lipsticks ♥

I didn't want my 100th post to be another boring FOTD or some random review of a beauty product, so I decided to make it the first post of a series of posts of my Top 5's!


Today I'm showing you lovelies my Top 5 Lipstick picks...



L to R:
MAC Angel (Frost)
Edward Bess Nude Lotus
MAC Snob (Satin)
Revlon Cherries in the Snow
MAC Viva Glam VI SE (Lustre)

MAC Angel
Angel is described by MAC as a "soft pink" and although it has a frost finish, it really isn't all that frosty. It falls right in the light to medium pink category, making it a beautiful pink on almost all skin tones. I have so many lipsticks that I usually don't wear the same color multiple days in a row, but if I'm ever in a bind and can't find a lipstick that will coordinate with a look, I can always count on Angel to come in a save the day.

Edward Bess Nude Lotus
I ordered this lipstick from Edward Bess' website a few weeks ago when all of his lipsticks were 40% off and it has quickly become my go-to nude! It's about a shade darker and has more warmth than MAC Creme d' Nude, making for the perfect nude pout when I'm a bit tanner in the summer! It has a strong fig scent which smells really good but a bit overpowering in my opinion as it gives me a headache if I get a couple whiffs of it from the tube. Good news is it doesn't linger much after application :)

MAC Snob
This is the newest lipstick to my collection (I think?) and is now one of my favorites! I was always hesitant to try Snob because I thought it would be too cool-toned for my skin tone but I actually really love it! MAC describes Snob as a "ladylike mauve", whatever that means. To me, it hardly looks like a mauve...more like a pale milky pink with slightly cool undertones. I love it paired with a smoky eye since it's a bit pale on me at the moment due to my tan, but it looks equally amazing with just mascara too. 

Revlon Cherries in the Snow
I recently wore this on a night out in Vegas, and I had forgotten how amazing it is! Cherries in the Snow is a bright raspberry red shade that is amazingly long-lasting! Even after dinner it had only faded the tiniest bit and didn't feather at all, although I did line my lips with NYX Lipliner in Natural :) I only had to reapply once the entire night and even that time it wasn't entirely necessary. It also has a tendency to stain your lips which I really like, but that may or may not be your cup of tea. This is absolutely my go-to going out shade.

MAC Viva Glam VI SE
Last but certainly not least is Viva Glam VI SE. This shade is described by MAC as a "soft blue pink" which I would have to disagree. I really don't see any blue undertones to it, and I'm much more inclined to classify it as a light to medium plummy mauve, but what do I know? This is really my "my lips but better" shade which may surprise some because it seems rather dark at times. I have annoyingly pigmented lips...what can I say? The best part about this lipstick is that 100% of the proceeds goes towards MAC AIDS Fund to support those living with HIV and AIDS.

Here are some side-by-side swatches in the same order:




What are some of your favorite lipsticks?



0 comments:

Post a Comment