♥ My Top 5: Colored Eyeshadows ♥

As promised in yesterday's My Top 5: Neutral Eyeshadows post, here are my favorite colored eyeshadows in part 4 of the My Top 5 Series.


MAC Birds and Berries
Bella Sugar Cosmetics Casey
MAC Beautiful Iris
Bella Sugar Cosmetics Gaillardia
MAC Trax

MAC Birds and Berries
Birds and Berries is a limited edition shade that was released with the Liberty of London collection earlier this year. It's a shimmery teal that is beautiful when used to line the eyes. It's the perfect eyeshadow when you're going for that "pop of color" look.

Bella Sugar Cosmetics Casey
Casey is a shade that was originally created by Bella Sugar Cosmetics owner Patricia as a MAC Stars and Rockets dupe for a girl named...well, Casey. Like Stars and Rockets, Casey is a really beautiful and unique pink-purple duochrome. When I feel like wearing a little color, I'll pop Casey on as an all-over lid color to really make my brown eyes pop. It gives the perfect amount of color without being overpowering and reminiscent 8th grade.

MAC Beautiful Iris
Beautiful Iris is a shimmery lilac shade. I love to use this as an all-over lid color when I'm doing a purple eye look, and I LOVE popping it into my inner corners. It's such a gorgeous but unexpected highlight color on my medium skin.

Bella Sugar Cosmetics Gaillardia
Gaillardia is a deep, shimmery peachy-pink color with subtle gold shimmers throughout. It vaguely reminds me of a deeper and richer eyeshadow version of NARS Orgasm. Like Casey, I find that when used as an all-over lid color blended out with a shimmery brown in the crease it gives the perfect pop of color with overpowering your face.

MAC Trax
Trax is a greyish-plum with gold shimmers. It's one of those colors that immediately attracted me in the pan, because the gold shimmers really make it stand out from the rest of the purple shadows around it. I like to use Trax on the outer half of my lid with a lighter highlight color on the inner half for a subtle smokey eye. Lately I've been reaching for colors rather than the classic black or grey to achieve a smokey eye as I find that when you use the right colors, it makes your eyes pop rather than look like you've just been beaten :)

Beautiful Iris, Trax, Birds and Berries, Gaillardia, Casey



What are your favorite colored eyeshadows?


0 comments:

Post a Comment