Update..


This is how my nails look nine days after painting them with Essie Chinchilly and using the Sally Hansen Mega Shine Top Coat. The Mega Shine Top Coat is not quite as thick as Seche Vite, but it's still thicker and more gel-like than your average top coat. If I look very closely, I can see really, really faint streak marks from the top coat, unlike Seche Vite that seems to smooth over as it dries down. 

Even after nine days, it still has a lot of shine to it and my nail polish has not chipped at all, nor has it started to wear away at the tip. I have no doubt my nail polish could last another few days, but I can't stand the re-growth that's occurred from the cuticle so I figured I'd blog about it before re-painting them tonight since so many of you were curious how well the Mega Shine Top Coat would work. It definitely gets my seal of approval, in case that means anything to anyone!


I blogged about these lovely ladies here, and after having some time to play around with them and wear them for a few days, I can report back and say that I'm not as impressed as I had initially anticipated I'd be. I wore Flush one day and Rosy the next, and I applied both with my Sephora I.T. Face Contour Brush that I always use with cream blush and bronzers.

I found that since the blushes have more of a natural matte finish, they're not as emollient as other cream blushes and seemed to dry down on my skin and refuse to budge while I was still trying to blend it out with my brush. As a result, they didn't blend in as seamlessly as I had hoped and had a tendency to leave harsh edges that were difficult to blend in well. The lasting power is average - good but definitely does not last all day. My next plan of attack is to see if they'll be easier to blend using my fingers...I'll be sure to let you know if they do.


After expressing my distaste for both the Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm and the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks a few months ago, Vivianna suggested I try wearing my Rouge Volupte over the Burt's Bees lip balm for better wear time. I can happily say that I tried it...and she's right! The qualities that I hated about the lip balm, the thick and waxy texture, are what helps the slippery and overly-emollient Rouge Volupte to adhere to your lips and not slide off in a matter of minutes. And just to be clear, while I'm enjoying using the two together, my thoughts on them separately haven't really changed at all :(

In addition, I discovered my latest favorite lip combo:
Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm as a base
and YSL Rouge Volupte #13 Peach Passion
topped off with MAC Lipglass in Perennial High Style!

Perfect peachy-coral lips :)

Oh, and if you haven't already, don't forget to enter my Inglot giveaway!


0 comments:

Post a Comment