Forgotten Goods.



Oh, my poor makeup. I'm constantly finding my "favorite" products, only for them to quickly be pushed to the sidelines when I acquire newer favorites. It's really all very unfair if you ask me and yet, I can't seem to figure out why it keeps happening. (Ok, let's be honest, I know why it keeps happening - it's because I buy way too much makeup but let's just ignore that small detail, shall we? On with the post!)

This is how it normally transpires:
I'll randomly go through my makeup drawer one day and pull things out that look pretty. 

Then, I tilt my head to one side while thinking, "I forgot I had this," before thinking, "Why haven't I used this in forever?" and then finally realizing, "I have way too much makeup."

It's always in that order.

These are a few of the victims that have fallen prey to the side effects of my addiction in recent weeks...

MAC Salsarose blush (PRO) was a favorite of mine to apply sheerly to the apples of my cheeks for a natural looking flush but it quickly got shoved to the back of my makeup drawer with the acquisition of some newer blushes, namely NARS Taos, which is now the blush I gravitate towards when I want a red blush.

I go in and out of phases where I'm obsessed with wearing a particular color on my lips and for the past few months, nudes were in the "Out" category for me. However, I applied Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Soft Nude a few days ago and had forgotten how nice it feels on my lips! I'm still not completely back into the nude lip trend, so I topped it off with a pinky coral lipgloss for added color.

I've been so much better at controlling myself with MAC's limited edition collections in recent months after noticing how often those purchases tend to go unloved a mere few weeks after being frantically purchased by me. MAC Beauty Powder in Shell Pearl, MAC Mineralize Blush in Hang Loose, and MAC Mega Metal Eyeshadow in Unflappable are just a few examples of gorgeous products that for some reason or another, got neglected :( I wore Hang Loose about a week ago and while it was really pretty, I'm not sure it'll get worn again anytime soon since Accessorize blush in Starlet is now my blush du jour. I also wore Unflappable a few FOTD posts ago and again, while it's gorgeous, I had to force myself to remember to use it. Why is that?

Lastly, a product that seems to be a forgotten good more often than a loved good is NARS Illuminator in Orgasm. It was one of my favorite highlighters but I'm not sure I can say that it is any more, due to the sheer fact that I very rarely use it. I think the problem is that I normally powder my face after applying foundation and concealer without even thinking about it and after that, it's just easier to use powder highlighter in order to not disturb the peace. I'll have to remind myself to use this one more often.

All of the above products are products that are beautiful and I enjoy using, I just don't remember to use them for some reason. Excuses, excuses. I haven't included products that I don't like and haven't used because let's be honest, I know why I haven't been using those...I don't like them!

Am I the only person that has forgotten goods?


0 comments:

Post a Comment