Recipe for an Everyday Face


This isn't necessarily the makeup I wear everyday but rather, it's a look that could be worn everyday because it seems to go with everything and is both day and night appropriate.

What you'll need:
your usual base makeup (foundation, concealer, powder, etc.)
pretty, neutral eyeshadows (lid, crease, and highlight shades)
black eyeliner
mascara
matte bronzer
pretty, pink blush
pink lipstick or lipgloss



Face:
Sonia Kashuk tinted moisturizer in Linen
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing concealer in 002 Beige (under-eyes)
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC30
Bare Minerals Well-Rested
MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus
Bourjois bronzer in 52 Peaux mates/halees
Accessorize blush in Starlet

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC e/s in Era (lid)
MAC e/s in Antiqued (crease)
MAC e/s in Dazzlelight (highlight)
Milani Liquif'eye pencil in Black
Covergirl Lash Blast Volume mascara

Lips:
Bonne Bell l/g in Strawberry Parfait

I like neutral eyeshadows for everyday but it's important for me that they have some sort of shimmer or sheen to them, because I find matte neutrals can sometimes be a bit blah and therefore, will need blush and/or lipgloss with more oomph, if you will (Notice how I've managed to incorporate "blah" and "oomph" into my blogging vocabulary!). I also like to pair neutral eyes with pink blush and lips, rather than nude/neutral blush and lips, so that there is still some color.


The bronzer and blush I used were two products that recently came for me from the lovely Nicola in the UK...

Accessorize Merged Blusher in #2 Starlet and Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder in #52 Peaux mates/halees

Nicola was a sweetheart and offered to send me the Bourjois bronzer after hearing me moan about wanting it but not being able to get my hands on Bourjois in the States. The gorgeous blush, on the other hand, was thrown in from the kindness of her heart and I couldn't be more ecstatic! It is so pretty! By the way, how freakin' cute is the bronzer? It looks like a chocolate bar and smells like it too! Both ridiculous and awesome at the same time :D

I've talked about Nicola so many times before on my blog so I'd be surprised if any of you weren't already following her, but in the off chance that you're not, what are you waiting for? Her blog, Magic's in the Makeup, is lovely and definitely one of my all-time favorites, and she is genuinely one of the sweetest people I know.

Thank you so much, Nicola! 

What's your recipe for an everyday face?


0 comments:

Post a Comment