One.

If you recall, I'm currently doing Gloss-Out 2011 and am only allowing myself to purchase five lipglosses this entire year. This is lipgloss purchase number one.

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 02 Apricot Shimmer

Sponge-tip applicator


This lipgloss claims to have 3D shimmer (whatever that means) and in fact, it has super micro-shimmer that without close inspection, is nearly undetectable. In other words, I don't think the point of the "3D shimmer" is to make your lips look shimmery as it is to make them look luminous and shiny.

As you can see from the lower half of the swatch, once blended out, the color is almost completely lost and especially on more pigmented lips like mine, the lipgloss appears clear. It strikes me more as a lipgloss-lipbalm hybrid than it does a traditional lipgloss and for that reason, I think it will be the perfect addition to my handbag for on-the-go touch-ups that will still cater to the needs of my chronically dry lips.

It retails for $21 and is extremely moisturizing, non-sticky, and smells like creme brulee :) YUM.


0 comments:

Post a Comment