My Dry Skin and Lips Saviors.

The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter
Rosebud Perfume Co. Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm
Aquaphor Healing Ointment

For dry skin...
I had been primarily using Burt's Bees Milk and Honey Body Lotion in the Summer but once the weather started to cool down, I noticed my skin started to get really dry and scaley (eww!) and was in need of a more intensive moisturizer.

I noticed that I had a Boots Amazon Forest Mango and Babassu Body Butter lying around and decided to give it another whirl. Within a few hours I was reminded of why I had stopped using it in the first place. While it smells delicious, it provides subpar moisturization for a body butter and my skin felt dry again within a few hours.

I then purchased a Bath & Body Works Sea Island Cotton Body Butter despite reading less than enthusiastic reviews...I like to be able to judge for myself, ok? ;) It smells like fresh laundry and the smell lingers for hours. How's the moisturization, you ask? Terrible. Okay, not terrible terrible, but it's a body lotion at best. One day when my skin was particularly dry, I slathered this all over only to find my skin parched and itchy from dryness within the hour. When I touched my skin, there wasn't any detectable trace of body butter or moisturization left. I was disappointed to say the least :(

Finally, I decided to stop wasting my money on trying out new products and just buy the product that keeps the beauty blogging community raving time and time again - The Body Shop Body Butters. I chose Coconut and honestly, I could not be more impressed. I love most all coconut scented things but this one is different, although equally wonderful. It smells natural - like you just split open a coconut and smashed your face into it. (What? That seems like a perfectly normal scenario to me :D ) The moisture it provides my skin is impeccable and I can definitely see myself purchasing more when mine runs out.

For dry lips...
I recently featured Rosebud Perfume Co. Brambleberry Rose in My Top 5 Lip Balms post and I love it so much that I think it deserves another mention! It's the perfect texture, in my opinion - not too sticky or slippery. It's incredibly moisturizing, although not the longest lasting on the lips. This particular scent was limited edition, but the Strawberry variety (which I also love as I've already finished up a tin) will set you back a mere $7 but will last you forever!

For the driest of the dry...
I count on Aquaphor Healing Ointment. It's a million times better than traditional petroleum jelly (Vaseline) as it's thicker and much less slippery and oily, and I most enjoy using it on my lips before bedtime. Depending on the weather, if my lips are exceptionally dry, I'll also use this as a lip balm throughout the day, although it's a bit too slippery to use as a base for lipstick. On skin, it's best used as a spot treatment. My hands and knuckles are usually where I suffer from the driest skin (sometimes to the extent of cracking and bleeding) and I'll just liberally dab this all over those problem areas, wait 15-30 minutes for it to absorb into the skin, then rub in the excess and move on with my day.

How do you remedy dry skin and lips?



0 comments:

Post a Comment