Barry M Lip Paints.

Touch of Magic - 54 Peach - 129 Palest Lavender - 146 Dolly Pink - 147 Peachy Pink

I received Palest Lavender and Peachy Pink in my swap with Nicola a few months ago, and I ordered the other 3 directly from Barry M when they were offering 30% off. I was more than impressed with Barry M's shipping because my order was shipped the very next day and I received my package from the UK exactly one week after I placed my order. That's pretty good if you ask me!

Touch of Magic - 54 Peach - 129 Palest Lavender - 146 Dolly Pink - 147 Peachy Pink

(FYI: With the exception of Palest Lavender being applied over lip balm, all lip swatches are without lip balm underneath or lip gloss on top in order to show the true texture of each lipstick.)
As you can see from the first photo, Touch of Magic is a green lipstick. However, it applies pinky-clear and the intensity of the shade of pink changes depending on the alkali level of your lips. Very Dior Addict Lip Glow-esque, no? On me, it turns bright pink on my lips (It become brighter and pinker after I took this photo). It glides on like a lip balm but is not particularly moisturizing or drying. It's also supposedly waterproof and lasts up to 8 hours.

As crazy and unwearable as Peach is on its own, I still really love it for some reason. I have to say that to me, it looks much more orange than peach, though. I've been obsessed with orange makeup lately and the color of this lipstick is no exception. The only downside, and it's kind of a major one, is that it's super dry! The dryness makes the application chalky and it feels rather uncomfortable on the lips without lip balm underneath and lip gloss on top.

I love Palest Lavender. The icy lavender color is gorgeous, although it can be hard to wear at times. The texture is a kin to the formula of MAC Lustres, and I don't find this particular lipstick drying or chalky in the least.

Dolly Pink is a beautiful pinky fuschia. It's a somewhat drier formula but still has a bit of a shine to it. It's such a pretty, wearable brighter pink lipstick that I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of.

Holy dryness! Peachy Pink has the same dry, chalky formula as Peach, but I find the color much more wearable. I'm usually not so fussed about the terrible texture as long as I remember to apply lip balm beforehand and top the lipstick off with some lip gloss to mask the dryness :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment