The Perfect Exfoliator at Every Price.

I strongly believe that a facial exfoliator is a must in everyone's skincare routine. Especially if you are someone who suffers from acne-prone skin, it is even more important to make sure you exfoliate as regularly as your skin will permit in order to prevent dead skin cells from clogging your pores and leading to more blemishes. 


I've tried quite a few exfoliators since my skin started becoming acne-prone in my teenage years. Some were great, while others, not so much. Here are 3 of the best facial exfoliators at every price point:


$
St.Ives Apricot Scrub
St. Ives - Apricot Scrub for Oily or Acne Prone Skin - 6 oz
This was the kind that I used since it suited my skin type but they also have Gentle (for sensitive skin) and Invigorating (for normal skin) formulations. It retails around $4-5 USD for 6oz. The Blemish & Blackhead Control formulation is mildly abrasive and smells slightly of chemicals, not unusual of products containing Salicylic Acid. This is hands down the best drugstore  exfoliator I've ever tried.




$$
LUSH Ocean Salt

I've raved about this product on more than one occasion, and I'm still in love with it! You can catch up on my original review here. A 4.2oz. tub retails for $19.95 while a 8.8oz tub retails for $34.95. Perhaps not a great choice for those with more sensitive skin but definitely worth a try. It works wonders on my skin!




$$$
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate
ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
This product is available in Intensive and Gentle formulations although I've only used the Intensive one. The ExfoliKate Intensive retails for $85 for 2oz. or $175 for 5oz. The ExfoliKate Gentle retails for $65 for 2oz. Yes, it is pricey. It's probably not affordable for many people. It wasn't really for me either. I considered it a splurge item since my skin was practically begging me to find it a solution for my terrible acne flareup last summer. While I can't say it completely got rid of my acne (since I know that it's actually caused by several different factors), it was an amazing exfoliator unlike anything I had tried before. There aren't any beads that you spread across your face to slough off dead skin cells. You simply apply a layer of the yucky green colored paste to your face and leave it on for 1-3 minutes. The fruit enzymes do the rest! The proof is in the way your skin looks and feels afterwards...ridiculously clean, smooth, and rejuvenated!


Verdict: I'm a firm believer that price does not always correlate with quality and effectiveness in beauty and skincare products. However, in this particular case, while I truly believe in and stand by all three of the previously mentioned products, I would say that ExfoliKate comes in first, Ocean Salt in a very close second, and the Apricot Scrub in third.


Hope this was helpful!

(Note: Please keep in mind that my skin type is oily, acne-prone, and generally non-sensitive.These recommendations are purely my own opinion based on my own personal experiences.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment