FOTD and NARS Discovery!

I've been getting a lot of use out of my NARS Pleasures of Paris palette but I must admit, I had issues with it in the beginning. As we all know, NARS eyeshadows are known for their pigmentation. Although I've heard some shades can be quite chalky, this is not the case with the shades in the PoP palette.

The main issue I encountered with these shadows was that they would crease like crazy after only about 3 hours of wear! Keep in mind, this is after using a base such as MAC paint pots or UDPP. Yes, I have oily skin, but my paint pots and UDPP work so well with my MAC, Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown, etc. eyeshadows that I was caught off-guard when it did nothing to keep my NARS shadows from fading and creasing. Does anyone else have this issue with NARS e/s?!

What is my NARS discovery you ask? MAC Greasepaint Sticks make an excellent base for these babies! The GPS does for my NARS shadows what Paint Pots and UDPP do for all of my other shadows. Success! (Note: In today's FOTD I used UDPP initially because I wasn't sure of the look I was going to do yet. If I had already decided I was going to use solely my NARS shadows, I probably would've omitted the UDPP and just stuck with the GPS.)


Face:
Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in 005 Natural Beige
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 02 Medium
MAC MSF in Cheeky Bronze

Eyes:
UDPP
MAC GPS in Dirty (lid and waterline)
NARS e/s in Cordura (lid and lower lashline)
NARS e/s in Fez (blend out Cordura)
NARS e/s in Abyssinia (brow bone)
MAC pigment in Vanilla (tear duct and brow highlight)
Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara in Blackest Black
Ardell lashes in #136

Lips:
MAC l/g in Splashing
MAC l/g in Perennial High Style (over Splashing)




This is me failing at my attempt to be "sultry". Sigh.




How is everyone's week so far? Any big plans for the weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment