Makeup Ban FAIL!

Yes, it's sad but true. After a grueling 18 days, I finally succumbed to temptation and bought more makeup. My real mistake was allowing myself to even step foot into Sephora while I was at the mall. Once I was inside, there was no turning back. And I even bought a few things at Target afterwards because I figured, What's the harm? I've already broken the ban anyways, haha.


Here is my latest haul:
♥ NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo in Orgasm & Laguna ♥
♥ Revlon Nail Polish in Electric Pink ♥
♥ Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude ♥
♥ Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Wink for Pink ♥
♥ MUFE Aqua Cream in #16 ♥
♥ Bio-Oil ♥
♥ Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer ♥

.NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo in Orgasm & Laguna. I've been wanting both of these for a long time and figured I'd much rather spend $39 on the duo than $26 for the full-sized blush and $28 for the full-sized bronzer right now. Below I've compared Orgasm to e.l.f Blush in Candid Coral (which I originally purchased thinking it could be a dupe for Orgasm), and Laguna to Illamasqua Bronzer in Burnish. Orgasm is more pink while Candid Coral is more coral/peach; Laguna is darker and browner while Burnish is more golden.


e.l.f. Candid Coral, NARS Orgasm, NARS Laguna, Illamasqua Burnish

.Revlon Nail Polish in Electric Pink. This super bright coral-ly pink shade was a steal at only $1.18 at Target! (I don't quite understand the 18 cents but whatever.) It's absolutely perfect for summer on both fingers (if you're brave) and tootsies!



.Revlon Lipsticks in Soft Nude and Wink for Pink. Soft Nude has been a favorite of many beauty bloggers for quite some time now and I can finally see why! I find it very wearable even with my medium skin tone, and the formula is smooth and light. I can already tell that Wink for Pink will become a quick favorite of mine. I don't have pink lippies in my collection quite like it and it applies super smoothly and is comfortable to wear.

Top: Soft Nude and Wink for Pink
Bottom: MUFE Aqua Cream #16

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude
(Please excuse my flakey dry lips...yuck.)

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Wink for Pink

.MUFE Aqua Cream in #16. This is new from MUFE and I've been dying to try them out! This particular shade is a pinky beige formulated for use on the eyes and cheeks, although it doesn't really strike me as a cheek color. I swatched about 10 shades and paced back and forth in front of the MUFE display trying to decide on the one shade I would allow myself to purchase (weirdo alert!). I finally chose #16 because I decided it would be perfect for a 5-minute summer face! Oh, and did I mention they are waterproof?!

.Bio-Oil. I've read a lot about Bio-Oil and it's hydrating ability as well as it's ability to lighten scars and stretch marks. I always wanted to try it (mainly for acne scars on my face) but could never find it in stores. After a few months I forgot about it until one random day when the orange and white box caught my eye at Target! It must be new here...I know Target like the back of my hand and surely I would've noticed it if it had been available sooner. I can't wait to try it out.

.Jergens Natural Glow Express Body Moisturizer. This was a random buy. I was sick of looking at my pastey legs and wanted to pick up a self-tanner. I typically like Jergens' products so I settled on this one. I would normally try to research a bit before purchasing things like this but eh, why not be adventurous every now and again, right? *fingers crossed*

0 comments:

Post a Comment