It doesn't get more gold than this.


Continuing on with my obsession with metallic gold eyes for the holidays, I opted for much truer gold tones tonight than in my Metallic Holiday Eye post, a look that looks more taupey in comparison. I dug out and dusted off my MAC palette when I remembered I owned a gold MAC shadow once upon a time. MAC Goldmine is a vibrant yellow gold that got overlooked once I acquired the UD Naked palette because I much prefer UD Half Baked over Goldmine. However, there's a time and a place for everything, and tonight, I was in the mood for some Goldmine!

I relied on my trusty LORAC PRO Palette for the rest of the look. I used Gold to add extra golden dimension to the outer half of my lid since it's a darker gold than Goldmine, and Garnet was used to deepen my outer v and crease. I opted against my usual black winged liner due to laziness (just being honest!), but I'm quite glad I did as I thought it allowed the look to stay bright and made my eyes look bigger.

MAC e/s in Goldmine (lid)
LORAC e/s in Gold (outer half of lid)
LORAC e/s in Garnet (outer v)
UD 24/7 Liner in Perversion (tightline)
MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy (tiny bit on lower lash line)
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara

Overall, I enjoyed the look but thought it looked a bit too....yellow? In terms of metallic gold-toned holiday eye looks, I think I still prefer one with more taupey or bronzey tones, such as the one in my last FOTD post.


Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment