My Rose Gold Highlighter.


I found this bad boy quite a while ago, sitting pretty next to the cash registers at my local Ulta. At the time, I hadn't heard anything about it or its gold counterpart, but I'm glad I gave it a swatch and took the plunge and bought it because it is just beautiful.

Bare Minerals Ready Luminizer in The Love Affair is my first and only rose gold highlighter. As many of you may already know, my HG highlighter was (and is still) Dior Amber Diamond, and I don't typically like to purchase highlighting products because I just end up being disappointed when I realize that they pale in comparison to Amber Diamond, but this one was just so different that I was able to justify the purchase. Although, if we're being honest here, even if I wasn't able to justify the purchase, it doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't have bought it still! ;)

These four photos were taken in natural daylight...

And these next two were taken with indoor lighting.


The texture is super soft, smooth and blendable. I prefer to use this highlighter more at night when I'm going out because I find it can read a bit frosty, making the skin look too done up, if you know what I mean. Of course, if you use minimal product on a brush like the MAC 188 and blend, blend, blend, you could definitely still make it work for daytime looks too :) I think the shade itself may be a bit too dark on fair skin, but I think it works on my NC23-ish skin and would definitely work on darker skin tones as well.

If you're anything like me and are currently obsessing over all thing rose gold and love highlighting products, this is a product that is worth looking in to. It's a gorgeous rose gold, but it's not too pink, which can look a bit off of on yellow-undertones like my skin. Those who are afraid of glitter need not fear - there is no glitter to be found, only soft, radiant shimmer throughout. This is definitely a product I could see myself using throughout the holiday season (and beyond), and although it won't be replacing Amber Diamond any time soon, it certainly is still a product that I continue to pat myself on the back for purchasing :)

As mentioned before, I purchased mine at Ulta, but it's also available now at Sephora for $26. 


Have you tried any rose gold highlighters? If so, what's your favorite?


0 comments:

Post a Comment