Review: Revlon Color Stay Foundation and a Quick FOTD.


I've been using Revlon Color Stay Foundation in 340 Early Tan for the past 2 weeks or so now and I really like it so far. Since I have oily skin, I use the one formulated for Combination/Oily Skin but they also have one formulated for Normal/Dry skin. I normally use Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in 05 Natural Beige but once my face began tanning a bit, that particular shade started looking too light for me. Instead of buying another bottle a shade or two darker, I decided to take that opportunity to try out Color Stay. The shade 340 Early Tan is quite a few shades darker than Natural Beige, and it was actually too dark for me in the beginning. However, after a few days of using a self-tanner on my face, the color now matches me pretty well (though it still is a bit dark).


The foundation itself is quite good. It really does last all day without budging! I noticed a difference when I would go to blot my face after a few hours. Normally when doing this I would notice that my foundation had transferred to the blot sheet or tissue. With Color Stay, there is hardly any foundation transferred! This means it stays on my face where it should be :)


Due to my inability to choose the best color match for myself, I've been mixing Color Stay with my lighter Photo Ready foundation in order to not have an uber tan face but pale neck and body :O This has been working out pretty well but I notice that the foundation does not last as long when it's mixed. My only other qualm about Color Stay is that is smells horrific! I can't quite describe it...it smells like disgusting chemicals, which is kind of off-setting since you're slapping it all over your face. Consider yourself warned :)
Blended on the right

Here is Color Stay mixed with Photo Ready on my face:
Face:
Revlon Color Stay in 340 Early Tan mixed with Revlon Photo Ready in 05 Natural Beige
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 01 Light (under-eyes)
MAC Studio Finish SPF35 Concealer in NC30
MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus
NARS Bronzer in Laguna
MAC MSF in Cheeky Bronze

Eyes:
NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone
BSC e/s in Naked Sparkle (lid)
BSC e/s in Punkinhead (outer v)
BSC e/s in Chocolate Covered Blueberries (crease and lower lashline)
BSC e/s in Vanilla (blend to brow bone)
Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara in Blackest Black

Lips:
NYX l/s in Indian Pink
NYX l/g in Pink

And in case you're curious, I had a FOTD a few days ago wearing Color Stay by itself:


What are your thoughts on Revlon Color Stay Foundation? Have you tried it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment