A Makeup Addict's First Taste of NYX.

So Cherry Culture was offering 20% off everything on their website a few days ago so I took the opportunity to try out a brand that I've been very curious about: NYX. I have no idea where to purchase NYX in-stores so I always knew that if I wanted to try their products, I'd eventually have to order from somewhere online. I had heard about the atrocious shipping costs on NYX's website, and I was always at odds with whether it was worth it to have to spend a ridiculous amount on shipping for cheaply priced products. I actually added products to my online basket a few times then backed out at the last minute in fear of what the shipping cost might end up being :/


Anyhoo, back to my haul. So I went kinda crazy with it because pretty much all of the NYX products that I wanted on Cherry Culture were at discounted prices already, then add on the 20% off?! I couldn't resisit! Here is what came in the mail for me today:

♥Are you overwhelmed yet? Because I am! Let's start off with the NYX Girls Round Lip Glosses...

Natural, Pinky Natural, Ballerina Pink, Peach, Whipped, Pink, Dolly Pink, Cafe Latte, Apricot, Strawberry

Here are the swatches for your viewing pleasure:

In the same order from top row (L to R) then bottom row (L to R)

Natural

Pinky Natural

Ballerina Pink

Peach

Whipped

Pink

Dolly Pink

Cafe Latte

Apricot

Strawberry

These lip glosses glide on effortlessly, are non-sticky, and for the most part, have good pigmentation. They smell like oranges (not really a fan) and retail for $3 USD but were $2 at Cherry Culture.

♥Next up are the NYX Round Lipsticks...

Circe, Tea Rose, Indian Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Orange Soda, Fig, Rose

And the swatches:

Same order as above starting with top row (L to R), middle row (L to R), then the bottom

Circe

Tea Rose

Indian Pink

Pumpkin Pie

Orange Soda

Fig

Rose

The Round Lipsticks apply ever so smoothly, are non-drying, have a slight floral scent, and have excellent pigmentation. They retail for $4 but were $2.25 at Cherry Culture.

♥Here are the random left out products...
Long Lip Pencils, Jumbo Eye Pencils, Eyeshadow Base

Can't forget the swatches:
Pinky, Natural, Cottage Cheese, Milk, Black Bean, Skin Tone

The Long Lip Pencils retail for $2 ($1.25 at CC), Jumbo Eye Pencils for $4 ($3.25 at CC), and the Eyeshadow Base for $7 ($6 at CC). The eyeshadow base also comes in white (for color intensity) and pearl (for pearlized/iridescent intensity). I chose the skin tone shade intended to make shadows last longer. It is a few shades darker than my MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, is less tacky and applies more smoothly, and has a very faint "old lady perfume" smell (IMO, of course!). I'm not sure how well it works yet since I just got it today. Possibly a review to come.

♥ Happy 4th of July weekend lovelies! Have fun and be safe! ♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment