Essie: The Resort Collection


Lapis of Luxury, Splash of Grenadine, Playa del Platinum, Turquoise and Caicos

I picked up this little gem at my local Trade Secret for just under $13USD a few days ago and I've been more than pleased with it. I'll admit that the application can be quite streaky as it is with many Essie polishes, but this can be remedied by applying an extra coat or two. My least favorite shade, Playa del Platinum (grey), needs at least 3 coats in order to not look streaky and gross. I've read that some people don't like the look of the Essie bottles, but I'm actually quite fond of the simplistic and classic look. 

Lapis of Luxury (cornflower blue)

Splash of Grenadine (medium purpley pink...yup! That's the best description I could come up with.)

Playa del Platinum (grey with a hint of khaki)

Turquoise and Caicos (minty turquoise)

I absolutely love the combination of colors even though Playa del Platinum is, without question, my least favorite. I just find it so much less special in comparison to the other 3 shades but it's still a nice neutral shade to have. Lapis of Luxury has a hint of lavender to me but it's definitely still a blue polish. Splash of Grenadine is gorgeous and will definitely be a staple on my fingernails this summer. Turquoise and Caicos is another beauty that leans a little more towards the green end of the spectrum than a true turquoise.

What are your thoughts on Essie nail polishes?


0 comments:

Post a Comment