I ♥ Lavender Lips

I was able to use several products that I got in my swap today, one of them being Barry M Lip Paint in 129 Palest Lavender. When I asked Nicola to get it for me I realized it would probably not suit me that well but would still be a fun color to have in my collection. However, after initially applying it last night, I am absolutely in love with it! If you read my blog you know that I love and am obsessed with a lot of things so any declaration of mine should always be taken with a grain of salt but for now, I love Barry M 129!


I found the lipstick on its own to be a bit drying and the color is opaque. To combat the drying effects I applied my EOS lip balm before the lip paint, but as a result this also sheers the color out a bit. Instead of being an opaque lavender, some of my natural lip color shows through (which is quite pigmented... sometimes very annoying!) making it appear more like a lavender with pink undertones. Much more wearable in my opinion! (Also, I forgot to do swatches on my hand but if any of you would like to see them, just let me know and I'll be happy to oblige!)

Please meet my messy, "I'm too lazy to style it" hair. And please excuse my ginormous forehead :)

Not too shabby, right? The lipstick, that is.

Face:
Benefit Boi-ing concealer in 01 Light (under-eyes)
MAC Studio Finish SPF35 concealer in NC30
MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus
NARS Bronzer in Laguna
MAC MSF in Petticoat

Eyes:
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
Sleek Storm Palette
GOSH eyeliner in Bananas (inner corners)
Sleek Kajal eyeliner in Nocturnal 
Eyeko mascara

Lips:
EOS lip balm
Barry M l/s in 129

Did you all notice that I don't have any real foundation on? Yay! I hope to be able to keep doing so this summer as long as my skin behaves itself :)

What's your take on lavender lips?

0 comments:

Post a Comment