Face of the Week.

It's pretty rare that I wear practically the same exact makeup look several days in a row, but ever since my Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadow cherry was popped last week, I've been absolutely smitten with shade #15 Copper/Black Grey.




The only eyeshadow I have on here and the only one I've been wearing most days is shade #15. In the pan (see photo below), it appears to be an interesting, speckled combination of copper and black (surprise, surprise!). When applied, however, it's a gorgeous, warm, bronzey gold. It applies like a dream, similar to a cream product, but has the lasting power of a powder eyeshadow. I have notoriously difficult eyelids that are a bit oily and not conducive to allowing eyeshadow to last very long on them, but I still get fairly good wear time with my Armani ETK eyeshadow without any sort of base or primer. Over UDPP, however, the lasting power is impeccable - even after 12 hours, my eyeshadow still looks exactly the same as when I put it on 12 hours earlier! It's also worth noting that it absolutely does not need a base to enhance its pigmentation or application whatsoever; I simply use it for added lasting power :)

I pat it onto my lid and apply it to my lower lashline with a MAC 239 and blend it out with a MAC 217...that's it! If I'm going out at night, I'll apply a darker shade (the blackened teal shade from the NARS Dogon duo is a fabulous complement) to the outer corner and the lower lashline. Then, I tightline with my favorite black eyeliner, Milani Liquif'Eye Pencil in Black, apply one too many coats of mascara, and I'm good to go!


The star products of this past week:
Milani Baked Blush in Fantastico Mauve
Benefit Watt's Up
NARS Lipgloss in All Night Long
NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita
Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadow in #15

I've been loving darker, berry shades on my cheeks this fall/winter, and Milani Fantastico Mauve is great for that. It looks terrifying in the pan, but it's actually much pinker/berrier (Yes, berrier) than it is purple when it's applied. And a bit of NARS All Night Long lipgloss over NARS Dolce Vita lipstick is the perfect, very muted-berry lip combo. 

I've also been loving Benefit Watt's Up over Dior Amber Diamond lately, simply because it's a cream product and I sometimes tend to favor cream products over powder ones when my skin gets drier in the fall/winter. The color is very similar to Amber Diamond and it applies flawlessly under and over makeup (I'm talking, over powder and everything!). Review to come, of course ;)

What products have you been loving this week?


0 comments:

Post a Comment