A Cheeky Thursday and a FOTD.

I LOVE how colorful my blushes look in this first photo....just like candy :)

This first blush, Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades in Blushalicious, has been a steady favorite of mine every since my cousin sent it to me from the UK a few months ago. Each of the four shades is completely functional on it's own, but the color that they create when swirled together is even more gorgeous! To me, this is a staple travel beauty product because it's equivalent to bring along 5 blushes :)




The next products are some of the cutest I've seen in a while. They're the new Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes. They have a unique texture that can only be described as a very dense mousse...much, much denser than the Dream Mousse Blushes. As a result, it has a bit of bounce when you touch it. 
Left to right:
Fresh Pink 
Orchid Hush
Peach Satin

While these new blushes are fun, I'm reluctant to say they're worth the money. At just over $8 a piece at CVS (I would wait for coupons or sales if I were you), I had higher expectations. The pigmentation on Fresh Pink and Orchid Hush needs a bit of layering to be built up to something even slightly reminiscent of what you see in the pan, and the cream to powder finish is nothing revolutionary in my opinion. It's more of a barely-cream to powder finish, actually, as it's not nearly as wet or creamy to begin with as the traditional cream product.

And while they're not shimmery, there is a soft, pretty sheen once applied to the skin, seen more in the two lighter shades than in Peach Satin.
Left to right:
Collection 2000 Blushalicious swatched clockwise starting from top left (first 4 swatches)
Collection 2000 Blushalicious swirled together (5th swatch from left)
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Orchid Hush
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin


Today was one of those I-really-don't-feel-like-wearing-makeup-but-I-should-really-test-out-some-of-this-new-stuff-I-just-bought kind of day :) I wore two of the blush shades today (one as blush and the other as a highlight), and I applied them using my fingers. Unfortunately, I'm suffering from some annoying dry patches on my cheeks at the mo, so these did have a tendency to cling to them a bit and look a bit crap up-close, although I'm not sure you can really tell from these photos!



Face:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #53
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-3
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in 002
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Sand
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Fresh Pink
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Orchid Hush (as highlight)

Eyes:
Maybelline Color Tattoo e/s in Pomegranate Punk
Milani Liquif'Eye Pencil in Black
Prestige My Blackest Lashes Mascara

Lips:
MAC l/s in Rebel (patted on with finger)

Here's a closer look at Pomegranate Punk on my eyes:
I didn't use a primer because I really want to see whether or not it will crease or last when used on its own...I'll keep you guys posted! Contrary to what I initially thought based on my experience swatching it on my arm, it applied very smoothly and was not patchy at all - YAY! I applied it to my lid and blended it out using my finger, and while application was a breeze, it's important to blend quickly before the product sets and doesn't budge.

So far, I'm very impressed with the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows and a bit on the fence with the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blushes. I'll admit I've never been a huge fan of cream to powder formulas though. I prefer a creamy, dewy finish from cream products and if I want a powder finish, I'd just go for a powder product, to be honest! Oh well. I'm a little bothered by the price as well. Aren't drugstore products supposed to be the cheapy, affordable ones? $8.00+ for a less than stellar product is pushing it, in my opinion. 

Anyhoo, to finish off on a high note and going back to the beginning of the post, if you live in the UK or are planning a swappy-poo anytime in the near future, I highly recommend you check out that Collection 2000 blush. It's awesome. The end.


Random: What's everyone's plans for NYE?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment