The Magical World of Tarina Tarantino.

Once upon a time, before I became obsessed with boring neutral eyeshadows, I was a lover of purple tones. In a rare moment inside Sephora a while back when my little fingers didn't immediately gravitate towards the nearest palette containing beiges and browns, I quickly found my heart set on this gem by Tarina Tarantino: the Jewel Shadow Palette in Magical.


I immediately thought the combination of shades was gorgeous and with one swatch of each buttery smooth shade, I was sold.



Clockwise from far left:
silvery, lilac-taupe
deep, red-eggplant
white pearl
mauvey-pink
pink pearl (center)

I apologize for the swatches being in a completely different order:
white pearl
mauvey-pink
silvery, lilac-taupe
deep, red-eggplant
pink pearl

Firstly, the pink pearl shade is 100x more gorgeous in real life than it appears in any of these photos! No matter how hard I tried, I just could not capture the luminescent pink sparkle. If anything, I'd recommend hunting down this palette in your local Sephora just to swatch that shade :)

The palette contains 5 shimmery shades (the mauvey-pink and silvery, lilac-taupe shades are the most shimmery) that all have fantastic pigmentation and are buttery smooth. They apply just as nicely as they swatch, and they have great lasting power (I've only used them with either UDPP or TFSI first, though). One of my favorite things about this palette is how cohesive the combination of shades is. It's clear that some thought went into the making of this palette so that it included a lid shade, a crease shade, a highlight shade, and a deeper shade to use either for liner or darkening up the outer v. The palette retails for $32.

Does this new love affair mean I'm going to be leaving my neutrals in the dust any time soon? Please, let's be real. But, when I feel like jazzing up my boring, everyday makeup with a bit of color and accentuating my brown eyes in the process, I know where to turn. Magical is my first taste of Tarina Tarantino products and I have to admit, I'm very pleasantly surprised.

To all my fellow neutral eyeshadow lovers: what sort of shades do you tend to go for when you want to add some color into your eye makeup?


0 comments:

Post a Comment