Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation.

Bourjois is a brand that makes me want to jump for joy and cry at the same time. Why? Because they make so many nice products but they're not readily available in the States and  to be quite honest, it's freakin' annoying. Anyhoo, rant over. Let's start the review ;)


I'm lucky enough to be the proud owner of the bottle of Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation you see above only because my beloved friend, Jessica, offered to purchase a bottle for me when she was honeymooning in France a few months ago. LOVE HER! To be perfectly honest, I wasn't even aware of the foundation's existence prior to her offer. I love my blogging girls because they keep me in the know ;)


I have shade #53, and I'd say it's about an NC25 equivalent. Sadly, I'm quite the ghost at the moment, so it's actually a bit too dark for me but I still use it anyway :) Gasp! 

What I love most about this foundation is that it does exactly what it claims:

- Instant blending? It's blends with ease whether you use a brush or your fingers. I like to use my Sigma F80. And in case you're wondering, I use about one and a half pumps per application.

- Flawless complexion? Well...this one kinda depends on how "flawed" your complexion was to begin with, doesn't it? But, yes, it does a fantastic job at evening out your complexion. I find that for me, it's almost enough to even out all of my redness, and I still need to go back in with concealer to cover up any blemishes.

- Undetectable coverage? Yuppers, as long as you apply it well. I mean, if you don't blend it out at the edges, it's going to be detectable, obviously!

- Light coverage? I'd say it's more in the light to medium range. Compared to my beloved MUFE Face & Body Foundation (I consider that one light to light/medium coverage), Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum has a bit more coverage but still not quite solid, medium coverage.

- Semi-matte finish? Yes. I've heard some people refer to it as a slightly dewy foundation, but to me, that's kind of the same as slightly matte, no? I tend to think of foundation finishes as being either dewy, matte, or simply a variation of something in between :) Since I have oily skin, I always powder over my foundation, and this one is no exception.

Other points worth mentioning:
- It has a fairly strong rose/floral scent that disappears soon after application. I actually really enjoy the scent but then again, my skin isn't sensitive towards fragranced products. It smells much nicer than MUFE F&B, which smells like grandma makeup.

- It has good, but not great, lasting power. Yes, it does start to kind of wear off a bit and break down on my oily skin after 6-8 hours, but still, not too shabby.

- It does not contain SPF so while it fails to offer any sort of sun protection during the day, it photographs well with flash during nights out.

- Compared to the original Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: I haven't used the original formula nearly enough to give it a full review (I only have a sample in shade #52), but basically, the two are completely different. The original has more coverage, doesn't blend as easily, lasts longer on the skin, and has a more matte finish.

Pump, pump, pump it up! It comes with a pump. That's all.

Bare skin

With Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation on (no powder or concealer)

I hope this review was helpful if you were curious about Healthy Mix Serum. Bottom line: I would definitely recommend this foundation for all skin types, except maybe for those who are extremely oily (I tend to fall into that category in the summer and as a result, I don't anticipate I'll be able to enjoy this foundation as much then).

Have you tried this foundation and if so, how did you like it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment