♥ My Top 5: Face Products ♥

I wanted to make a My Top 5 Foundations post but then I realized that I've only tried about 5 foundations and I definitely did not like them all. If anyone has good foundation recommendations for oily skin, I'm all ears :)


So instead of my top 5 foundations, I decided to stay close to the subject and choose my top 5 face makeup products.


Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium Plus
Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in Beige 002
Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer in Linen
MAC Studio Finish SPF35 Concealer in NC30

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
I was introduced to this foundation when I received a sample of it from Sephora a long time ago. I was amazed at how smooth and satiny it left my skin feeling, and it did a pretty good job at making my foundation last all day while decently controlling my excessively oily areas. At $52 it's not the most affordable primer on the market but when you have oily skin, you'll pay almost any price to tone down your skin's oiliness so your foundation won't slide off your face. I really love this primer, and I'm sad I only have about 10% left :(

MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus
Oily skin + foundation - setting powder = DISASTER!
I never, never, ever forget to set my foundation with powder. If I'm going for a more natural, dewy look, then I'll just powder my T-zone but I never skip the powder all together. Without powder, my face will start to look shiny within minutes. No joke. MAC MSF Naturals add a bit more coverage to your foundation while also setting and mattifying it a bit. In the summer, assuming my skin is in decent condition, I'll skip foundation altogether and opt for concealer and MAC MSFN and then set it all with Fix+ for lighter coverage that won't melt in the heat.

Diorskin Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in Beige 002
I don't want to say too much about this concealer since you can read my review on it here. I do want to add that I only use this around and under my eyes and not for blemishes since the consistency is too thin for my taste. I haven't tried it on blemishes, to be honest, but I have a pre-conceived notion that liquid concealer will just slide off my face in no time so I choose not to give it the opportunity to do so :)

Sonia Kashuk Tinted Moisturizer in Linen
I heard about this from Khristine at My Fit Beauty (Definitely check her out! She's awesome!) and was immediately intrigued because I love Sonia Kashuk. I think she has really great products that are affordable as well so I definitely wanted to try this as soon as I heard about it. I had never tried tinted moisturizers before this because my skin is usually so problematic, but since it has recently started to behave itself, I decided to take the plunge. It actually has light to medium coverage, which is more than I was anticipating for a tinted moisturizer, and leaves a slightly dewy finish to the skin. The only flaw this product has is that it's only available in 4 shades (yes, four!) and Linen is the second lightest shade. Not cool, Sonia. Not cool.

MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer in NC30
This is my HG concealer for covering up blemishes and redness on oily skin! It has medium to full buildable coverage and is a thick consistency. I used to use my finger to pat it on, but lately I've been favoring using my Sigma E40 to buff it into the skin, giving it lighter, more natural coverage.

What are your go-to face makeup products?


0 comments:

Post a Comment