Stress-Induced Purchases.


I don't know if I'm the only one that does this, but when I'm stressed and I'm out shopping, I tend to buy more stuff than I normally would because I'm able to rationalize it by saying things like, "It's okay, I worked hard for this!" or "If this purchase will help lower my stress, then it's worth it!", etc. And since school has basically taken over my life recently, I hauled...and you know what? I do feel better :D

Clockwise from top left:
MAC Blush in Trace Gold
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Greed
MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Korean Candy
MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy
NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita

L to R:
UDPP in Greed
MAC Korean Candy
NARS Dolce Vita

Greed works just as well as the original UDPP, but I got it because I figured the pale, yellow gold would be an easy and pretty wash of color on the lids on days when you can't be bothered to apply much else. I like to think of it as a cream/liquid eyeshadow that just happens to also have amazing staying power :)

Korean Candy

Korean Candy is a bright, red-tangerine shade that I wanted because I thought it'd be the perfect pop of color to perk up my mood in the Fall and Winter when the weather is drab and depressing. I love the color but as with all Sheen Supremes, the lasting power isn't very good so I worry a bit about it transferring onto my teeth and everywhere else when I'm wearing it...kind of a pain, but hopefully the gorgeous color will make it worthwhile.

Dolce Vita

Dolce Vita is a lipstick that as soon as I wore it, I knew it was going to be HG status. I think it's hard to have just one HG lipstick because I like different shades, textures, and finishes depending on what kind of look I'm going for, but Dolce Vita's sheer, rosey color and natural finish just make it so versatile and easy to wear. The best part is that it feels like a lip balm! LOVE. So glad I listened to my blogging ladies on this one :)

L to R:
Milani Liquif'Eye Pencil in Brown
MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Whiskey

The above photo shows off my brown eyeliner collection...in other words, it's very lacking. Before I got Teddy, I only had matte brown eyeliners and I was on the market for a brown that packed a little more punch. Teddy is a slightly metallic, red-brown that does just that.


L to R:
Dior Amber Diamond
MAC Trace Gold

Last, but not least, is Trace Gold, which I kind of purchased on a whim because I wanted something different from the coral, pink, and berry blushes I normally go for. I don't really hear that much about Trace Gold (apart from Sandra and it looks amazing on her!), but so far, I'm definitely happy with my purchase. It's not nearly as shimmery as I thought it was going to be, and I don't find that it accentuates my pores at all like overly shimmery face products tend to do. On my NC25 complexion, it's a soft, peachy gold blush, but on darker skintones, I'd imagine it would function more as a highlight...think of a deeper Dior Amber Diamond type of shade but with less sheen :)


Do you tend to haul more or less when you're stressed out? Please tell me I'm not the only one! Happy Saturday, everyone :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment