Blogger Interrogation 2.0: Pretty In The Desert



The blogger: Aseya 


Who/What blog(s)/ YouTube channel(s) inspired you to start blogging? 
My friend actually suggested I start my own blog. I am an ex-beauty therapist and no matter how hard I try, the industry will always have my heart. I started reading blogs to keep up with things and decided to go for it! One of the very first blogs I read was Nadine Jolie and it seemed so glamorous. I never really thought I’d actually get away with it! 

What are your 3 favorite blogs of the moment? 
Honestly WTF - I love reading that blog for fashion inspiration, their pictures are amazing! Plus, I’m really into making my own jewelry and they have the COOLEST DIYs. Lisa Eldridge -She’s just a legend and her videos are so easy to watch. No More Dirty Looks - They focus on “safe and sustainable beauty”, which I am really trying to get into at the moment. 

What colors do you tend to gravitate towards, in terms of makeup? 
It kind of changes from season to season, but in general, I’d have to say: nudes for my lips, peaches for my cheeks and taupes and browns for my eyes. 

Name one (or a few) products you like to use, despite knowing it’s probably not the most flattering on you.
Bright, neon nail polish. Especially Gamma by Illamsaqua. I just love it, but I look at pictures and think ‘woah!’ 

Name one limited edition item you wish would become permanent. 
MAC’s Wonder Woman MSF in Pink Power. I love this, I pretty much wear it whenever I wear makeup! 

Name one makeup item that would make you burst into tears immediately if it was dropped on the floor and shattered into a million pieces. 
My NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo. It was my first ‘luxury’ makeup product and it opened doors for me! I was never very adventurous with color on m face because I thought it wouldn’t show up on darker skin. But, Orgasm looked gorgeous on me and it just opened up so many possibilities! 

What is your favorite YouTube channel (beauty-related or not)? 
Lisa Elridge’s channel is my favorite. She’s so well spoken and grown up! I want to be here when I grow up J 

Name one of your favorite beauty products under $10 (ideally drugstore). 
Nivea Mattifying Day Care Cream. It’s lovely. It makes my skin feel so soft and it doesn’t make me break out or give me a shiny face. I even wear it at night. 

Name one of your favorite beauty products over $10 (ideally non-drugstore). 
NARS Multiple in South Beach. This has been one of my favorites forever. It makes my skin look so pretty and it is so easy to apply. I like to throw it in my bag when I know I’ll be out for a while. It’s such a quick pick me up for my face. 

Please link us to your favorite post. 
One of my favorite posts is my Sleek Makeup Pout Paints preview. I have been playing around with my camera settings and lighting at home, and I’m so pleased with how these pictures turned out. Photography is definitely something that I need to work on! Also, this post about my cat, Bowie, always makes me smile. I know, I’m a crazy cat lady! 


Thank you to Aseya for letting us interrogate her! 

I'm not taking any new volunteers for Blogger Interrogation at the moment, but I'll definitely let you all know when I am :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment