FOTD with NARS Dogon :)

As not-so-subtly suggested by the title...

A happy closed-eye shot...

...and an indifferent closed-eye shot :)


Face:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #52 (thanks, J., for the super generous sample!)
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light (under-eyes)
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Sand
Benefit Hoola
NARS blush in Douceur
Dior Amber Diamond

Eyes:
UDPP
NARS eyeshadow duo in Dogon
UD e/s in Naked
UD e/s in Buck 
MAC e/s in Brule
UD e/s in Virgin 
MAC eye kohl in Teddy (I. Love. This. So. Much.)
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara
Covergirl Lash Blast mascara

Lips:
Buxom l/g in Sandy (The perfect nude lipgloss!)

 DOGON

MAC Club eyeshadow (far left, for comparison purposes) and NARS Dogon eyeshadow duo 

Club and the silvery shade in the Dogon duo are similar in that they have the same green duochrome sheen, but they have completely different base colors: Club has a red-brown base and the silver in Dogon has a silvery-taupe base. They're definitely not dupes at all though...I like to think of them more as very distant cousins :)

The other shade in the Dogon duo looks like a blackened teal in the pan but when swatched and worn, it's more like a really dark, charcoal-black and any trace of teal is not really detectable. And since I haven't blogged in a while, I've become so awesome that I actually forgot to take a picture of the actual duo itself! So helpful, right?! My bad ;)

Close-up of Dogon in action, complete with mascara smudged on the eyelid :)


I've been so busy lately with school that I pretty much only ever have time to wear makeup on the weekends now, so I kind of went to town with the abundance of products today :)

I also made little pit-stops at Ulta and Target today where I picked up a tube of Prestige My Blackest Lashes Mascara, which was on sale for less than $3.90 (total steal!), and Revlon Facets of Fuchsia nail polish, a black with hot pink glitter and hexagonal confetti...just keepin' it classy! My hope for the mascara is that it'll be as good as L'Oreal Voluminous minus the smudging problem. Have any of you tried it and if so, what did you think of it? I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment