Urban Decay Black Market

I have a love/hate relationship with Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencils. With the exception of Perversion, they don't seem to want to last more than 15 minutes on my waterline, but at the same time, the abundance of shade options and the pigmented and creamy formula never fail to keep me coming back for more. When I saw the Black Market set at my local Ulta marked down from $36 to $24, I snatched it up without a second thought.

Black Market includes six mini-sized 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils, five of which are new and limited edition shades. Here's a quick rundown:

:: West :: A versatile, suits-everyone, warm bronzey-brown.
:: Desperation :: The lone perm (and lone matte) shade in the bunch, Desperation is smokey grey. 
:: Black Market :: The set's namesake is a moderately intense grey-black with a satin finish.
:: Riot :: A sparkley purple with average pigmentation.
:: Apathy :: A forest green that walks the line between shimmery and metallic. This one also had the weakest pigmentation and applied the least evenly.
:: Ink :: A beautiful, shimmery royal blue with purple undertones.

L to R: West, Desperation, Black Market, Riot, Apathy, Ink

For the most part, these six pencils were consistent with my past experiences with Urban Decay's liners, and they neither came up short nor exceeded my expectations. Despite Riot and Apathy's less than stellar pigmentation (swatches show both shades built up) and the pencil formula's overall poor waterline lasting ability, at just $4 a pop, I can't really fault them - I'll just have to reserve them for smudgey liner looks or those days when I'm craving a 'pop of color' on my lower lash line.


Urban Decay Black Market 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil Set is available from Urban Decay for $24.

Bloglovin'. Twitter. Instagram.

0 comments:

Post a Comment