Magic in a Pot: African Botanics Marula Intense Skin Repair Body Balm.

It's no secret I'm a big fan of multipurpose products. Aren't we all, though? I'd seen a couple rave reviews of the African Botanics Marula Intense Skin Repair Body Balm (namely, Amelia Liana's and Joyce's) and recently decided to splurge on a pot to call my own. I've been using the balm for a few weeks now, and surprise, surprise....it's love.

The African Botanics Intense Skin Repair Body Balm claims to regenerate cells, heal, protect and prevent skin irritation, soften, calm and nourish inflamed skin, and so much more.

It contains all natural ingredients, including:
:: Marula Oil to heal skin tissue and help reduce the appearance of scars
:: Shea Butter to increase skin elasticity and hydration
:: Helichrysum to heal acne and scars
:: Honey for its antibacterial and moisture retaining properties
:: Green Rooibos Tea Extract to even out skin texture and pigmentation and encourage cell turnover 

Its soothing, anti-inflammatory properties make it great for windburns and sunburns; its intense moisturization properties make it ideal for dry and dehydrated skin; and its repairing properties make it a notable contender for healing cuts, burns and other skin irritations. I can't think of many skin concerns this balm can't tackle.


The Intense Skin Repair Body Balm is incredibly thick and has a rather dry, paste-like texture in the pot, but it literally transforms itself once warmed up either in the palm of your hand or with your fingertips. It's worth noting that it has a light and fresh scent that I believe most would find unoffensive, if not enjoyable. I enjoy taking advantage of the product's multi-use claims and have been using it for several different purposes. 

Firstly, I've been using it nightly in place of eye cream because my usual eye creams have been causing me eczema-like reactions lately, and not only does the balm soothe and heal my irritated eye area, but it also hydrates and nourishes like nothing I've tried before. Secondly, I massage a tiny amount into my acne scars as part of my nighttime skincare routine, and I've seen a visible difference after only a few short weeks of use, particularly in some of the newer marks. Lastly, to help manage some of the intensely dry skin I often suffer with when the temperatures drop, I work a bit of the balm into my dry knees and elbows before bed and wake up with insanely soft skin.

Admittedly, the balm is priced quite high at $55, and I struggle between categorizing it as a luxury item vs. a necessity, because in reality, it's kind of both. The good news is, each pot comes with a whopping 58 ml or 1.96 fl.oz., and considering how little product is needed for each use, I'd imagine one pot will stick around for quite a long while.

African Botanics Marula Intense Skin Repair Body Balm is available from Beauty.com for $55.


0 comments:

Post a Comment