Five Product Makeup.

The Five Product Makeup tag has to be one of my favorites ever. I love seeing which five product types people deem to be their "necessities," and I was excited to get to work after being tagged by Kelly from A Blog of Vain Pleasures. (By the way, Kelly's blog should really have more followers. It's AMAZING.)

When I first did this tag a few years ago, my main goal was to find a few multitasking products so that my chosen five products could function more as six or seven. This time around, I decided to challenge myself a bit more and steer clear of my Stila Covertible Colors and the like, and dip my toes outside my comfort zone by only using each product for one purpose. I wanted to see if I could put together a cohesive look that actually looked like it only required five products.

My absolute makeup necessities are brows, mascara and concealer, so Shu Uemura Hard Formula Eyebrow Pencil in Stone Gray, Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard were immediately added to the pile. The last two products took a bit more umming and ahhing. I opted for Chanel Les Beiges in 30 over blush or traditional bronzer and used it to warm up my complexion, and in anticipation of a relatively simple and subdued face, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella was added to the mix as the focus of the look.


Although it felt a bit odd for me to avoid powdering my t-zone, I actually quite like how dewy my skin turned out. If I could add two more things to this look, it would definitely be winged liner and a touch of highlight on my cheeks and in the inner corner of my eyes, but alas, the Seven Product Makeup is not a tag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment