The Best Top Coat Ever! (No Really!)

So you've painstakingly applied a fresh coat of nail polish, a true labor of love. A few hours later while going about your daily activities, you glance at your nails and notice a horrifying, microscopic little chip in your beautiful new mani. Sound familiar? I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me. As a lover of nail polish and nail art I thought it was just an unavoidable thing.... right?

A few months ago I received the *Silky Nail Polish Vibrant Silks collection in the mail. Bright, happy colors, beautiful packaging, cruelty free - what's not to love? The kit also came with a pink-hued top coat called the Silky Wet Look Topper.  As I tried out the polishes I realized that not only were the colors vibrant and beautiful, but these particular polishes seemed to last an insanely long amount of time. So long that it was almost borderline bizarre.  



After noticing the Silky Wet Look Topper wasn't as thick and goopy as other heavy-duty top coats I've tried - ahem Seche Vite - I began wearing it over my other nail polish shades. I was no longer seeing tiny, irritating nicks in my lacquer by the 2nd or 3rd day... or the 4th or 5th. In fact 99% percent of the time there would be gaps around my cuticle after two weeks of nail growth and still no chips.

I'm aware of how bold a statement this is, but I honestly don't even remember what it's like to look at chipped, messy manicures anymore. It's not even a concern.  Not that my world revolves around doing my nails but it's nice to be able to redo them when I feel like it, versus having to apply new polish because my nails look like a hot mess. And my world kinda revolves around doing my nails... sometimes ;)


I recently posted a photo of my current "do" on Instagram. I applied two coats of the Wet Look Topper and hadn't retouched it once:



Here is a close up of my nails two and a half weeks later. Look how much my polish has grown out and still not a chip in sight. Not to mention the top coat kept my nail wraps perfectly in place as well:




I have no idea what's in this top coat to make it so amazing but the words "unicorn tears" come to mind.

One of my favorite things to do through my youtube channel and my blog is to share beauty tips, tricks and, of course, "life changing" products.  And this is one I'm really excited about, if you can't tell ;)





youtube   |   twitter   |   facebook


0 comments:

Post a Comment