New NYX Glam Gloss Aqua Luxe - First Impressions & Swatches


Hey loves!  It's Friday and what better way to glam up your weekend look than with some luxurious, sparkling lip glosses!  I recently spotted these NYX Glam Glosses on a display in my local Ulta, and it's easy to see why they caught my eye. They literally sparkle like diamonds, and you know what they say about girls and diamonds...

These intensely shimmering glosses definitely aren't for the faint of heart. NYX describes the Glam Gloss Aqua Luxe line as "11 shades of rich glitter with a hint of color".  The shades that I brought home are Velvet Ropes, Disco Playground and VIP.  I adore the club-loving names and I think they are very fitting, considering these are the perfect finishing touch to a nighttime, going-out makeup look.


First Impressions & Swatches:
I'll be honest, on the first try I wished they posessed a little more pigmentation. But after a little experimentation, I much prefer the hint of color they provide because it makes them the perfect lipstick toppers! When layered over a similar lipstick shade, they add dimension and eye-catching sparkle without changing the color underneath too drastically (something more heavily pigmented glosses tend to do). Also the glitter (most apparent in the swatch photo taken with flash) is very dimensional yet wearable at the same time.  It creates a really cool 3-D effect!


Top swatches: Natural Daylight
Bottom swatches: With Flash
Swatches from Top: Velvet Ropes, Disco Playground, VIP




These little babies really scream "holidays" to me. I can't wait to pair VIP with a nude lipstick for an instant glam look and I've been loving Velvet Ropes over the bold fuchsia and hot pink lipsticks I raved about in my September Favorites post.

To mix it up, try pairing the golden glitter of Disco Playground over a red lipstick for a trendy twist on a classic look.

The only shade I would wear on its own is VIP because it has enough color payoff. The other two shades would be most flattering layered over lipstick. Let me know which colors are your favorites from this glamorous new line from NYX!

0 comments:

Post a Comment