Edgy Yellow Halloween Makeup Tutorial


It's crazy to think that Halloween is almost here! Normally, I post my Halloween tutorials a week in advance but this year I thought I would get a jump on it and try a look using some fierce, bold colors.  I thought a yellow and black look would be great for this time of year because these colors will definitely get you noticed and are very.... festive!  Check out the video tutorial below as well as some of my thoughts on the Revlon Colorstay quad I used for this look :)





Products Used:
Urban Decay e/s Primer Potion  //  Scotch Tape  //  NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk //  Revlon Colorstay "Bombshell" eyeshadow quad  //  Maybelline "Linen" Eyeshadow  // Loreal Liquid Pencil eyeliner //  Maybelline MasterPrecise black eyeliner pen  // MAC Carbon eyeshadow  // Covergirl Lashblast volume  // Ardell Self Adhesive false lashes in 120S

WetNWild "Heather Silk" blush  // Milani Luminoso baked blush as highlight  // Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Soft Nude  //  Revlon Colorburst lipgloss in Bellini











__________________________________________________________



Revlon Colorstay Eyeshadow Quad in "Bombshell"

I've really been enjoying these Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow quads so much! They are definitely one of my favorite products from the drugstore. Typically I consider myself a pretty harsh critic of drugstore eyeshadows and I'm not usually a fan.  In past experiences, other brands seemed to lack color payoff and blendability. Not so with the Revlon Colorstay shadows.  I picked up "Bombshell" a few weeks back and I'm happy to say this set is as high quality as the other quads I've tried. I knew right away I wanted to do a punchy, graphic look with it. Keep scrolling for swatches...






My favorite thing about the Colorstay line is the carefully selected assortment of colors. They work very well together and the highlight, lid color and crease shades are always very evident, even for a beginner. If not, they include an illustration on the back - which I may or may not follow ;) Not to mention the silky texture makes application pretty effortless.  My personal fave in the quad is the the rich, gunmetal grey. You can create an entire smokey eye look around this color alone!

Have you tried any of the Revlon Colorstay quads? And more importantly, what are you gonna be for Halloween this year? ;)









youtube   |   twitter   |   facebook


0 comments:

Post a Comment