My Drugstore BB Cream "Foundation" Routine



Hey guys! Hope you all had a great weekend and are rested and ready for the new work/school week!  I know, I know...me neither ;) However hopefully this post will brighten your day a bit because it includes some big news! Well...big news for me anyway. For the first time ever on my YouTube channel I'm featuring a drugstore foundation in a video! That's right, after searching long and hard for years (literally) I've finally found a drugstore foundation that I feel really, really good about recommending to my readers and subscribers.  Except, it's not really a foundation, its a BB Cream?


BB Creams are kind of a new fad in the beauty world and many of the original "Blemish Balms" and "Beauty Balms" started in the Asian market.  The trend has finally made it's way to the U.S and now it seems like every time I turn around there's a new cosmetics brand coming out with their own version of a BB Cream.  I could probably write an entire thesis about these products and what they do (or claim to do), but for the sake of my sanity I'll summarize it as a multitasking product that provides numerous skin care benefits including hydration, SPF, correction, brightening, radiance... the list goes on.


Traditional versions usually came in one, lighter shade that gave them the ability to brighten the wearer's complexion.  That doesn't really fly in the U.S. very well - and for good reason considering we are a melting-pot of different backgrounds, ethnicities and skin tones.  So most of the BB Creams you will find in Sephora and Ulta stores in the US have put their own spin on it by adding a limited shade range.


But, after reading countless reviews and recommendations, I was still pretty hesitant to jump on the BB bandwagon.  For the most part, BB Creams reminded me of a tinted moisturizer with some added benefits. My experience with sheer, tinted products like these have left much to be desired. Shiny, greasy finishes, little-to-no coverage...I might as well not wear any makeup at all.


However, when I saw the Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream staring back at me from the shelves of my local CVS - at a reasonable $12.99 - I figured I had to give it a shot, right?  And the verdict is in...I'm in love!  This product takes the place of a moisturizer, primer and foundation in one, shortening my morning routine by a mile.  It also actually gives really nice, buildable coverage.  That says a lot coming from a medium to full coverage foundation girl.  It also keeps my T-zone from looking shiny and sets up to a beautiful, satin finish that holds up incredibly well throughout the day.


I think it's pretty obvious I could talk about this product all day but I'll leave it up to the video to tell you all you need to know about this little drugstore gem.  It's kind of a big deal ;)  Enjoy!




Products Mentioned:
Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector in Light/Medium (also comes in a darker shade!)
Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer in Sand
 w/ Sigma E35 brush
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
 w/ Sigma Large Powder F30 Brush
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector in Fair
Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes in Fair
Bare Minerals Well Rested SPF 20 Eye Brightener (used as an under eye setting powder)
 w/ Sigma E40 brush


*I also talk about some new concealing products I've been using in the video as well, but much more about those in a future post ;)


-Alli





0 comments:

Post a Comment