Happy New Year and an Update.

Happy New Year, everyone! 

I hope you all had a fun and safe New Year's Eve last night! I had to catch a flight back home last night since I was visiting my family in California for the holidays, and unfortunately, my 3 week break from school flew by way too fast :( I'm hoping to be able to find the time to blog once school starts back up again (I'll most likely be blogging less than I have been in December, but hopefully more than I had been in the months prior).

Anyway, since I'm a procrastinator, I hadn't packed up any of my things yet as of yesterday afternoon, and I found myself rushing to get ready, put makeup on, and get my stuff together so that I could make my flight. I wanted to do a fun look that was more NYE-worthy, but seeing as how I didn't really have any plans since I was getting in town so late and I was already rushing to get ready as it was, there wasn't really any point...so neutrals it was!


Face:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in #53
Dior Sculpt Lifting Smoothing Concealer in 002
Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC-3
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Sand
Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades in Blushalicious

Eyes:
Maybelline Color Tattoo e/s in Bad to the Bronze
theBalm e/s in Shameless Shana
theBalm e/s in Caught in the Act Courtney
Milani Liquif'Eye Pencil in Black
MAC Superslick Liquid Liner in On the Hunt
Prestige My Blackest Lashes Mascara

Lips:
NARS l/s in Dolce Vita
MAC l/g in Boy Bait



I wore Pomegranate Punk the other day without primer in this FOTD, and it did not crease at all after 10 hours! There was very minimal fading, but it seemed to fade pretty evenly all over and since there wasn't any creasing, it wasn't noticeable at all. In comparison, I normally only get about 1-2 hours of wear with MAC Paint Pots before they crease on me.

After being extremely impressed with Pomegranate Punk's wear time, I had high hopes for Bad to the Bronze. However, when I wore it yesterday (also without primer), I experienced a lot of creasing. I'm not sure how many hours it took before the creasing began, because I only checked my makeup once that night and by then, it had been about 7 hours since I applied my makeup. Surprisingly, I felt that Bad to the Bronze performed almost exactly like a MAC Paint Pot does on me, while Pomegranate Punk outperformed Paint Pots by a long shot.

The only reason I wore either of these on their own without primer was simply to test the wear time, and based on my experiences, the lasting power differed greatly between these two particular shades, so I imagine it may differ among other shades in the range as well. Keep in mind, I have oily skin and normally always use eyeshadow primer. I definitely think that using a primer under these will help to avoid the minimal fading I experienced with Pomegranate Punk and the creasing and fading I experienced with Bad to the Bronze. All in all, I think these are definitely worth looking into, especially if you're a fan of cream eyeshadows like the MAC Paint Pots or Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows!

Happy 2012!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment