Low-Maintenance Skincare Routine.


Happy Friday, everyone! Today, I thought I'd share with you my current skincare routine since it's changed quite a bit since I last talked about it in detail.

Morning Routine
In the morning, my goal is to simply give my skin a quick rinse to remove any oil that may have developed overnight. If I use anything too strong, it'll dry out my skin, especially in the winter, so I like to use Cetaphil Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin. I follow-up by adding a bit of moisture back into my skin and prime it for my foundation with The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream. It's not really much of a cream at all, as it's very light and quick to absorb. 

If my skin is in dire need of extra hydration (e.g., my patchy, dry cheeks these past few weeks :-/ ), I'll top it all off with a bit of Olay Active Hydrating Cream in Original only where I need it most. It healed my dry patches within about 2 days, and I haven't seen any traces of them since. Win! I also am using up the last bit of my last pot of the Swedish Skin Anti-Aging Eye Cream (which I forgot to photograph), but I'll soon need to find a replacement for it since the company no longer exists. If you have any light and hydrating eye cream recommendations, please let me know :)

Night Routine
At night, after I remove any makeup I have on with makeup removing wipes (although those will soon be tossed aside as I just ordered a new bottle of my favorite cleanser EVER, Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil in Fresh - eeek!!), I give my skin a deeper cleanser with a nickel-sized amount of Murad Clarifying Cleanser on my trusty, berry Clarisonic Mia. The Murad cleanser can be a bit drying if used twice daily (perhaps it would be more appropriate in the summer, more oily months), but when reserved for once daily usage, it's an oily, acne-prone skin savior! It has a bit of a tingling, cooling effect when you use it too, which is refreshing. 

As for the Clarisonic? It's AMAZING. Can't live without it. I got it from Sephora when it was 20% off and it was worth every, shiny penny (<<< a lot of pennies!). While the Clarisonic itself will not get rid of all traces of acne as it's only an exfoliator after all, it has allowed me to get the most out of my cleansers by giving me the deepest, yet gentlest, and most effective cleanse ever. It has made a vast difference to the texture of my skin!

After thoroughly cleansing my skin, I apply my beloved La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo to my forehead, chin, and jaw line (areas where I'm most susceptible to breakouts). I love this stuff because it really makes a difference when used routinely (I used to use it morning and night when my acne was really bad), but yet, it's gentle and non-drying. This is about my fifth tube, so that's saying something! I finish off with a generous application of the Olay cream to lock in moisture as needed. I predict I'll only really be getting use out of this cream in the colder months when my skin isn't an oil slick, because it's much too hydrating (although not oily) for my skin under normal conditions.

And if any of you were curious, yes, I stopped taking the cod liver oil. I happened to run out of my bottle around the same time I started using the Clarisonic and decided to take my chances - and it paid off! It makes me feel good that I'm saving about $20 a month by not using something my skin doesn't really need any more. However, it's worth noting that had I not started using the Clarisonic, I most likely would still be taking the cod liver oil. My skin always needs something to give it an extra little kick in the @ss, if you know what I mean!

What are some of your skincare favorites and must-haves?



0 comments:

Post a Comment