When a drugstore brand gets it right.

I'm sure you guys have all heard about the new L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Eyeshadows by now, but in case you haven't, they've been compared to the Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadows. At about 1/4 of the price of an Armani ETK shadow, I'm sure you can understand everyone's excitement!



They even have the protective inside lid thing like the ETK shadows.

If you've never tried the Armani ETK shadows or these new L'Oreal ones, they're basically like pressed pigments. Technically, they're more of a powder and not a cream, but they have a tendency to apply more like a cream - meaning, really smoothly and without fallout.

Amber Rush

Amber Rush is a metallic pink, slightly coppery shade. This shade is a breeze to apply. You don't need much product on your finger or brush at all; a little goes a long way! As described above, Amber Rush applies sooo smoothly, much like a cream.

Bronzed Taupe

Bronzed Taupe is exactly that - a metallic taupe with a hint of bronze. This shades applies exactly like Amber Rush, mentioned above.

Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue is a navy blue with royal blue shimmer throughout. This shade does not apply as smoothly as the other two, although it is still very pigmented. I'd say it applies more like a smooth, pigmented powder eyeshadow (which it is), rather than like a cream like the others.

L to R:
Amber Rush
Bronzed Taupe
Midnight Blue

So far, I've only worn Amber Rush and Bronzed Taupe and they were both gorgeous! I'm in love. The only time I've ever experienced fallout with either of these shades is when I've grabbed too much product on my brush. As long as you avoid doing that, I don't imagine either of these shades would cause any problems in that department. I also found that they applied just as smoothly and effortlessly to my lid as they did in the swatches. I've only ever worn them over primer, and while they didn't last as long as my Armani ETK eyeshadow does on me, it's still a solid 6-8 hours before slight creasing (remember, I have oily lids), which is more than I can say for most other drugstore eyeshadows I've tried in the past.

And while I have not yet worn Midnight Blue so I cannot comment on how it wears, I will say that it left a stain on my arm both times I swatched it. You've been warned!

Overall, I am extremely pleased with these and super surprised to find them at affordable drugstore prices! 

Big thank you to Jess for picking these up for me before I was able to find them in stores near me :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment