New Makeup Storage/Organization + Room Tour!

Today I am super excited to show you my new makeup storage and my little home office/closet area. It's been a work in progress and I have to thank my wonderful boyfriend for helping me drag all of the new Ikea shelving to our house and setting them up! 

For the longest time there really wasn't too much going on in my film room, which is an extra guest room in our house. I had a tiny desk area but I never really did much with it because the room was such an awkward space. We live in a row home which is basically a "hallway" of a house with windows on both ends. The rooms are very long and narrow, making it hard to arrange furniture... and keep my houseplants alive. I didn't feel like this space, that I spend so much time in, was being used to it's full potential. I also wanted the re-design to represent my personal style and break up the space a bit so it didn't feel so much like a bowling alley. However I'm no professional interior designer and I was definitely working within a budget. Also, I didn't want it to feel too fancy or stuffy - after all, it is our house. I wanted the room to still feel "homey" and lived-in but be a place that inspires me creatively at the same time.



I'm beyond thrilled with how it turned out!

Most of the smaller furniture was brought in from other rooms in the house.  The only new additions were the bookcases and picture ledges from Ikea.  I think they add a nice element of minimal design to the room. Not to mention I now have MUCH more storage and opportunity to decorate than I know what to do with. That was another issue I had with the original space. I did take "before" pictures but of course I have yet to track them down after searching through every memory card I own. Just picture bland, boring nothingness ;)

Oh and of course there's my new storage cart for my makeup collection!  I've always tried to keep my collection of products at a reasonable limit. I hate to be wasteful so if I have a product that I don't particularly love, I'll give it away to friends or family. That being said, just by nature of filming beauty videos you do tend to accumulate a lot of, well... stuff! It was getting out of control. So I decided to invest in this new (turquoise!) storage that has some extra room for new additions.

If my collection ever outgrows this storage unit you can go ahead and just check me right into rehab ;) Below you'll find the video tour and a list of the items in my makeup room and where I found them!




Makeup Setup:

Stanton 6 + 1 Drawer Storage Cart in Blue: HomeDecorators.com
(didn't want to splurge on storage but at the time I found this it was 30% off with free shipping so I couldn't resist)

Black vanity: Bed Bath and Beyond

Mirror: HomeGoods

Clear brush container and "Bean bag filler": Michael's



Mercury Glass candleholders: Pottery Barn

Mirrored Cabinet (hair products): HomeGoods

purple curtains: Bed Bath and Beyond




Desk Area:

"Vika Amon/Vika Adils" white table, Ikea

Desk Accessories, knit shawl, planner: Target

White "filing cabinet" w/ basket drawers: HomeGoods

"Ribba" picture ledge: Ikea

Art: Etsy

3 Billy Bookcases + 1 Besta shelf unit: Ikea

Turquoise dresser: Hand-me-down painted "Day at the Jewelers" by Valspar

Mirror, lamp: HomeGoods







Thanks so much for checking back with me and I hope you enjoyed this post! What are some of your makeup organization strategies and tips?



0 comments:

Post a Comment