DIY Butterfly Decor For Your Bedroom or Vanity!







Hey everyone! Including DIY home decor projects isn't something I normally do on my blog or YouTube channel. But since I'm currently in the process of decorating our guest room (my makeup room) from scratch, I've had so many ideas that I've wanted to share with you all.

On a recent rainy day I conjured up this "butterfly" shadowbox - it's not a real butterfly because I would feel too much guilt. Michael's actually has a nice little selection of faux butterflies, which is where I found this one, the shadowbox and glue. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how I engineered this since most of it was pre-assembled...hehe. However, below I've included a breakdown of the steps.

Scroll down for a quick, easy and inexpensive way to spice up a bedroom or makeup area...


What You'll Need:






-Shadowbox or Empty Frame
(I actually had one laying around I found at Michaels
a few months ago and of course had no idea what to do with)







-Faux Butterfly
(no bug killing poeple, I found my
Ashland brand replica at an affordable $1.99...
much easier than running around a field with a net)



-Glue
(I used WeldBond because it
dries in an hour and works on pretty
much any material)









I removed the cardboard backing from my shadowbox, which conveniently came with a nice cut-out in the matting that was the perfect, butterfly-framing size! You could also frame a grouping of butterflies or pretty much any found object to create a piece of personalized home decor.









I dotted a pea-size amount of Weldbond on the center of my little bug's body and carefully placed it on the cardboard backing. In order to mimic a real mounted butterfly, I propped the wing up with some of the remaining packaging so it would dry upright - gotta improvise!









I let this dry for an hour and it was good to go. I love the end result
and it literally took me 5 minutes aside from drying time.








I think my shadowbox fits in amazingly well with the other goodies from HomeGoods that I recently featured in my Fall Haul! Just goes to show that decorating your space doesn't have to be stressful or break the bank!


Hope you enjoyed this little tidbit!


Much Love,
-Alli

0 comments:

Post a Comment