Osmia Organics Active Gel Toner

So, remember in yesterday's Top Skincare of 2013 post when I said I may have found the US' version of Indeed Labs Hydraluron, the ever-popular, yet elusive, hydration serum only available in the UK and Canada? That's what we're talking about today, ladies, and surprise surprise, it's made by one of my favorite skincare brands, Osmia Organics. (By the way, I swear I don't work for them. I just have serious love for their products.)
Osmia Organics Active Gel Toner is a gel that claims to provide "soothing moisture." Hell yes, says my skin. Hyaluronic acid (also the main ingredient in Hydraluron) and niacinamide (the main ingredient in another great hydration serum, DDF Amplifying Elixir) are accountable for reducing water loss and retaining moisture in skin cells, while a host of ingredients such as aloe, white tea extract and calendula soothe the skin. AGT was previously known as the Active Gel Nutrient Serum, but now, it includes the addition of gotu kola and rose of jericho to help provide exceptional redness/irritation relief and hydration, respectively.
Unlike other hydration serums I've used, Active Gel Toner is to be applied directly to damp skin immediately after cleansing. It has a fresh, slightly eucalyptus-like scent that I've fallen in love with, although it dissipates quickly. Once it's dry (takes about 30 seconds), a soft, light layer can be felt on the skin, and a serum or moisturizer should be used on top. Similarly to Hydraluron, AGT is meant to be the middle layer between bare skin and a moisturizer to enhance the activity of the moisturizer.

Since my skin has been exceptionally dry these past few weeks, I've been using AGT both morning and night. It wears well under makeup when used during the day, and when used overnight, I wake up with plump, smooth and happy skin. For me, AGT outperforms Caudalie S.O.S. Serum and is comparable to both Hydraluron and Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum.

Although a bottle of AGT is pricier than a tube of Hydraluron, it also contains 1.7oz. of product compared to 1oz. (AGT actually worked out to be a better value for money when I did the math!), and I find that I need only a pea-sized amount of AGT for my entire face and neck, whereas I used about twice as much of Hydraluron.

You know how good AGT is? So good that when I realized I was running low on Hydraluron, I emailed my cousin in the UK to ask her to pick one up to ship to me. After two days of trialing AGT, I emailed her back to say that would no longer be necessary because I had found a more than suitable replacement.

So, there you have it. Osmia Organics has been holding the States' answer for the Hydraluron epidemic this whole time.

Osmia Organics Active Gel Toner is available from their website for $58.

0 comments:

Post a Comment